Horizontal colored lines at top of PAL TV screen in 60hz only..?

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
Hi!
I just got a new 28" JVC CRT to use with my super famicom/aes/etc.

This is a PAL tv, and quite new.

When I play pal snes games the picture is the usual, bordered, ok..

But when I connect my aes or super famicom (60hz) then i get these strange colored lines at the top of the screen..

Even when i start my wii.. put it in 50hz mode and picture is beautiful, but as soon as i change to 60hz mode the lines appear.. the games plays great and colours are super.. But.. its to irritating ;(

Any ideas?

PAL tv, 50hz ok, 60hz cause lines..

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• bild 3.JPG
    bild 3.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 28

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
Are you sure that the set supports PAL 60 mode? Not all do. Even those that don't support PAL 60 can sometimes work but with problems.

What is the model # of the JVC you're using? Is this it?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/19555916/JVC-AV28BT7Exx

Looking at the manual there, I don't see any mention of PAL 60 display options. However, when I look at other JVC products, they do mention PAL 60 so it seems like the manual would specifically say so.

Last edited:

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
I have a JVC AV-28BD5Exxx. In the manual it mentions PAL, SECAM (ntsc only in AV mode).. what does it mean? I nees to switch to secam? only in av mode.. well.. i am only in avmode :) hmm

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
Nah SECAM has nothing to do with it. I'm not an expert on it just saying that if the TV doesn't support PAL 60 it could contribute to the problem. Some PAL sets will display a PAL 60 signal but with issues. On items that do support PAL 60, they typically say, "PAL 60". The fact that yours doesn't MIGHT mean that it's an unsupported mode.

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
yeah.. it would seem like it doesnt support it.. :( well... just try to find a new one then.. i really want to play my games in 60hz.. 50hz bordered is the stupidest since ,, i dont know.. cant find words how worthless it is :) at least we got scart in europe. thats nice.. but wth?! 50 hz bordered cmon! :D thanks anyway guys!