mjmjr25's Gameroom / Collection, new CMVS in last post

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Hello and thank you for taking the time to view my gaming stuffs. Pretty pic heavy, so i'll spoil them.

I have 4 children, so there is quite a bit of DS / Wii stuff that they enjoy, though they do enjoy retro and arcade just as much.

I enjoy woodworking as much as I enjoy the gaming hobby, so I have found a nice way to blend both of the hobbies. All shelving is custom though things are still not the way i'd prefer as far as display - like many gamerooms, it is def. a work in progress.

Now...stuff:

SNES / SFC / NES / N64:
Spoiler:
IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

PGM / Atomiswave / MVS:
Spoiler:
IMG_0704-2.jpg

IMG_0705-2.jpg

IMG_0698-2.jpg

CPS2 / PCB / PGM2 / Brezzasoft:
Spoiler:
IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

GCN / PS2-J / 360 / DC-J / Wii / SAT-US:
Spoiler:
IMG_0669-1.jpg

IMG_0703-2.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0700-2.jpg

IMG_0701-2.jpg

IMG_0702-2.jpg

SAT-J / DC-J / DS:
Spoiler:
IMG_0696-2.jpg

IMG_0697-2.jpg

Miscellaneous:
Spoiler:
IMG_0706-1.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
WOW MJ! simply amazing!! love that custom cab, nice woodwork too!

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Wow, that's a massive collection. Looks to be very well organized. That's gotta be the most complete PGM collection I've seen.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
I'm a huge fan of the PGM stuff - so so good. I grabbed a consolized unit w/4p support awhile back and found that it was a really convenient way to enjoy all those 4p beat 'em ups.

I'm impressed. Very nice!! No cabs though?? Did you sell them all?

NBA Jam and Claw Machine are in the garage. The Astro awaits a test-chassis from Roger and "hopefully" will be back in order soon. The Blast died and went w/part out over knock-off chassis after looking for the 2931 for a couple months...then see one go for $150 just this week :/

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
That's some quality hardwood ya got holding up your arcade hardware. Also, all that software!

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Yeah, your setup looks great! The shelving, organization, all of that.

Hopefully you get the cab sorted out soon... you've had the worst luck of anyone I know with cabs, and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Nice! Your collection is pretty neat :)

Last edited:

Nick Goracke

I'm still around!?,
It looks like you have protective cases around some of those boxed Super Famicom/Super NES games - where did you get those?

The custom shelving is something I really wish I could do myself -definitely jealous! I think it took me about 2 hours to drill 4 holes and move a shelf on a pre-built bookcase so my shockboxes would fit. :lolz: It would be cool to see some zoomed-out photos just to get a feel for the room layout, too.

The arcade cabinet is all home-made too?

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Awesome collection and great shelves!

You can get SFC box protectors from videogameboxprotectors.com

I picked up several hundred for all my SFC games.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
This has got to be my personal favorite so far in the collection forum. Nice! :)

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Hopefully you get the cab sorted out soon... you've had the worst luck of anyone I know with cabs, and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

It took a 2nd loaner chassis from Roger to get it all sorted out - but finally worked it out, and Roger is selling me this loaner, so i'm good to go. Got to play some Mega Man: The Power Battle on CPS2.

Spoiler:
IMG_0722.jpg

It looks like you have protective cases around some of those boxed Super Famicom/Super NES games - where did you get those?

The arcade cabinet is all home-made too?

Yeah, got the box protectors from the site linked above - on top of making the games "pop", it really does help the box to keep it's structure. Custom protectors for just about every mainstream box are available.

The wood cab, yes, a custom job. I always look for ways to blend my woodworking hobby with my gaming, and a wood cab seemed like a cool idea. The control panel has (2) Multi-Console Cthulhu's, meaning the CP works on DC/SAT/NES/SNES/GEN/PSX/PS2 and others. The monitor inlay is a square 34" x 34", which allows for it to be "TATE-able".

Spoiler:
IMG_0095-3.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
It took a 2nd loaner chassis from Roger to get it all sorted out - but finally worked it out, and Roger is selling me this loaner, so i'm good to go. Got to play some Mega Man: The Power Battle on CPS2.
Awesome on two counts! Roger is a great dude, and he told me last night he was selling you a chassis. Really glad that something like monitor issues didn't drive you out of the hobby; I was concerned that might happen. Glad you've got it sorted out! :)

Doubly awesome because you've got Megaman going... SUCH a fun game! Is that a Phoenix/conversion, or original? What region?

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
It wouldn't have driven me out - but it certainly would've been a bummer and i'da been cab-less for a bit, I do plan to grab a couple more next spring.

MegaMan is an original US battery blue board and yeah, the perfect game to get back into it - quick easy controls and great visuals.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Added my newest item, a custom sit down or stand up station made of Mahogany and Birch, plenty of storage, on casters, and built in advance w/a hollow control panel (to bury wires) and a frame for a soon to mounted and "bezeled" plasma tv.

Spoiler:
IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

It will house this unit, an African Mahogany CMVS (plasma monitor still pending arrival):

Spoiler:
IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

Also snagged a 2nd Sigma for linked versus stuffs and 4p PGM2 games:

Spoiler:
IMG_0802.jpg