Street Fighter II: CE Foreground glitched graphics.

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
I have a SF2:CE Board that has the front layer of graphics glitching. Everything else seems to be fine. The backgrounds all display properly. Does anyone know which chip that is?

imag0220hr.jpg

imag0221vu.jpg

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
fekk that is a big boot... sadly though ti probably ain't worth investing too much effort in fixing it... they are so cheap you are better off just buying another and keeping this for the chips.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
If it were are real board, then I'd say you have a "C" board problem. And you need to reflow your custom graphcis chips and check your traces on the "C" board.

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
Yeah, it was super cheap, so I figured I'd try to fix it for practice. I'll probably just poke around and if it never works, oh well.

Thanks for the replies, though, guys.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Well, if it was working before then the first thing to do is verify the roms. If they are good then you move to the next step.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
If you have a missing data line on the C board or on the B board it manifests itself as vertical lines... Since this is a horizontal line issue then you have whole bytes of data missing. It's where the video data is pulled off and put into a screen buffer of some sorts.

If it were on my bench I'd run my fingers across the bottom side of the board to see where the screen suddenly changes and start troubleshooting around that section of the board.