Need to borrow a Naomi Capcom IO

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
A member over at AO won an ebay auction for a Naomi mobo + game. I'm helping him out by shipping just the game to him to cut down on the shipping costs.

There is a problem though... When I got the items in the mail, I noticed a repair wire or something on the game.
IMAG1121_zps60954c9d.jpg

The buyer would like me to test the game before I send it across the pond (I don't blame him). Unfortunately, my plan was to sloooowly piece together a naomi setup, as they are a little bit expensive and I already have a jammacast.

Also, I have absolutely NO idea where to start on getting this thing working in my EgretII.

The motherboard is a Naomi 1 I believe.
IMAG1122_zps18891348.jpg

Questions:
1. What is the MINIMUM amount of shit I gotta buy to make this work in my jamma cab? Just a capcom IO? do I need a specific power supply? Making custom cables is not an option at the moment.

2. Does anybody have the wiring I need that I could borrow for a few days and then send back? I'd cover all costs.

Last edited:

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
in my experience if its just a cartridge based naomi setup you can get away without a power supply but this all depends on your cabs power supply. My blast city ps handles it no sweat.

If your adding a gdrom into the mix then a power supply is essential

as a minimum to get it working in your cab yes you will need as capcom i/o , the power connector and the usb cable that connects the capcom i/o and the naomi 1 mobo.

something like this is what you need - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Capcom...816?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d561e048

Last edited:

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
well, I won the capcom IO auction. Hopefully I don't need to get anything else for this!