AES Cart Barely Fits into Slot

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Problem is being resolved, thanks again for your advice though.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The cart PCB guide is probably upside down. Open the cart and flip it.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Hmmm, is that something somebody relatively inexperienced could handle? I paid a lot of money for this game and I'm afraid of ruining it. Would it be beneficial to practice on a cheap cart first?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'd send it back to the seller to fix so if he breaks it then you get your money back. You need a special tool to open the cart to not put stress marks on the plastic. Not for first timers.

What cart is it? Can you snap a pic of the cart bottom?

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
It's Sengoku 3, I just bought it from the Neo Store, I'll take a pic in a sec.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Cant get my camera to upload the pic right now, I'll have to handle it after work.

Thanks for your help so far, I appreciate it!

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Cant get my camera to upload the pic right now, I'll have to handle it after work.

Thanks for your help so far, I appreciate it!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Just thought i'd comment that I agree, I have a Neo Turf Masters conversion with the PCB guide in upsidedown, it does the same thing.

Question is... why does a Sengoku 3 have that issue???

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Maybe someone opened it to verify it was legit then put it back wrong.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That sounds plausible. The Neostore wouldn't knowingly sell a bootleg, and if a bootlegger was going to do a newer game they probably wouldn't pick Sengoku 3.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Here are those photos I promised. I've already decided to accept a refund, but I figured I'd upload these for good measure.

100_0563.JPG100_0559.JPG

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's the right way, the posts are just not snapped in. Just squeeze both sides of the cart (Front and Back) until they snap in.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
That sounds plausible. The Neostore wouldn't knowingly sell a bootleg, and if a bootlegger was going to do a newer game they probably wouldn't pick Sengoku 3.

Yeah, they'd pick the 161-in-1 AES multicart to sell in the neostore instead. XD

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
It's the right way, the posts are just not snapped in. Just squeeze both sides of the cart (Front and Back) until they snap in.

Hey Xian, I appreciate the suggestion but I think it would have taken more pressure than I was comfortable applying so I decided to ship the game back for a refund. Not being 100% certain of the actual problem I felt it would have been too big a gamble to try and fix the cart and risk breaking it or losing my refund.

Thanks for your help in this thread man!,

Scott

Last edited:

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
This tends to be a problem with some AES carts from 1999-2000. My US Mark of the Wolves was bulged out a bit until I pushed it in kinda hard. My Metal Slug 3 also had this problem. I had to carefully open it and I could see that the glue on the posts were keeping it from snapping in. I had to actually slightly file down the hardened glue. I think it is a better idea to open a cart carefully and do this fix than to have the worse insert marks ever.