New MVS screen problems...

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
I just got this cab yesterday and have had some trouble with the sound going from inaudible to low and I have been told to just recap it. I will be sending off my board to have that done.

I turned it on today and this is what my screen looked like... what do I have to replace now? Screen was working great! Bright and colorful and now this... :very_ang:

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Bit hard to see whats going on there, but i see green retrace lines, and its blury as hell.

What happens when you adjust the focus pot on the HV transformer? Check the solder joints on the under side of the board.

Do you hear a buzz coming from the deflection yoke and the picture moving around abit? ( clean the def yoke connection if there is no buzz but picture moves )

There is a couple capacitors on the neck board you should probably replace, but see if the focus pot still adjusts things first cause there may be no point doing anything if the yoke is dead.

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
Not sure what the yoke is I am new to this all. I let it sit and turned it back on and it went back to normal so something is on its ways out.

NEO-GEO man

You need to check the solder joints on the board and also make sure the neck board isnt loose. Check the anode cap while youre at it.

Make sure its all off while you do anything.

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
I am kinda horrified to touch anything in the monitor area? Does the neck board just snap in?

I actually just found a guy close to me that knows these cabs and has 2 himself maybe I just need to get him over here to teach me what the heck I am doing lol!

Last edited:

NEO-GEO man

Yep, that would be best, dont touch anything youre not sure of.