D&D - Mystara CPS2

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
So, I got this super dirty "green" gray board Shadow Over Mystara today in the mail.

Cracked it open for some cleaning and to see if I need to do any other maintenance:

It's not just dirty, it's a dirty boot.

It's much cleaner in this picture than it was when I received it, this is post-preliminary-cleaning.

No more buying CPS2 boards on ebay from China for me.

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
Well, I paid too much considering it turned out to be a boot.

I suggest no one buy anything from y2511n

Swore up and down it was a proper green board and that it was an original. On the upside, I now own an Asia A board, and it still plays like SoM :)

Oh other fun stuff:

So, no tracking number after about a week, so I ask for the tracking number, the seller goes "oh here's the tracking number, I tried to ship it DHL but ended up having to send it Fedex because of declarations."

Search tracking number on Fedex, nothing. Search tracking number on DHL? Yep, shipped by DHL. Looney.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I've dealt with him before. Tell him it's a boot and ask for a partial refund.

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
I will do just that. I don't really want to pay to ship it back to China.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
It seems to be missing a pal chip.

What is up with all these boots lately. I am more use to seeing boots being sold than the real thing now. Fuck I need to go open up one of my boards to refresh my memory now.

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
Looks like I'm getting a pretty substantial part refund, one that will make the price of the Asia A-board plus Mystara boot board quite reasonable.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Looks like I'm getting a pretty substantial part refund, one that will make the price of the Asia A-board plus Mystara boot board quite reasonable.

Glad to hear it. Really, Mainman is right, boots and conversions are all over the place now, I'd suggest requesting pictures of the pcb before buying any CPS2 boards.