Naomi in a Neo Geo MVS cab

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Hey, so I've just sort of thrown my Naomi v1 with Capcom IO at my 4-Slot v3 Big Red because I still need to work out connectors for proper JAMMA harness video out. My questions are the following:

Am I screwing up my cab speakers or the Naomi by having the MVS harness attached to the Capcom IO handle the Naomi audio out?

Is there a better way to handle Stereo sound from the Naomi to the cab's speakers?

(In case anyone was wondering, the current setup is such that the MVS harness handles the button input as limited as it is, the power and the audio, while my tri-sync monitor directly plugs into the Naomi via VGA cable)

Thanks!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Out of the box, Naomi is JVS
You need a naomi JAMMA I/O to use a Naomi on a JAMMA setup.
Capcom I/O board should get you there if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

Fayk

Cheng's Errand Boy
Out of the box, Naomi is JVS
You need a naomi JAMMA I/O to use a Naomi on a JAMMA setup.
Capcom I/O board should get you there if I'm not mistaken.

Panda, he's asking about using the Naomi in a multislot MVS cab - not-quite-JAMMA, right?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Panda, he's asking about using the Naomi in a multislot MVS cab - not-quite-JAMMA, right?

Oops, yea you're right, he'll need a jamma to mvs fingerboard. Man I can't read lately :/

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I'll probably need a JAMMA->MVS converter, yes, but I'm not sure the best way to pipe out the audio since the Naomi is a stereo output at least through the RCA jacks on the Capcom IO. Should I be re-amping (since the Capcom IO amps the stereo from the Naomi into a mono for the JAMMA) the RCA stereo on the Capcom IO? If so, should I just make my own amp circuit since it'd be so much extra space for a second audio amp? (like the traditional Naomi sound amp)