Open Disclosure to the Community

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Gentlemen,
The time has come to set the record straight. My record, mind you, not anyone else’s. This post is me speaking for myself, nobody else.

Aero Fighters 3 / Nothing but the facts
There were a total of 6 of these. Yes, they were all sold to buyers. Every buyer paid a different price. I know who all the buyers are, but only those buyers who have publicly revealed themselves will be mentioned here. Chamane, Geddon, & I are 3 of the buyers. The other 3 have yet to come forward. To the best of my knowledge, Chamane is the only buyer requesting a refund. If I am wrong somebody correct me, but for now, we have to accept this as fact because no other buyer has come forward to complain.

Chamane / Nothing but the facts
I have known him for years. We go way back. We have connected both on a personal level, as well as on a business level. I truly hope that when all the dust settles from this, we will be able to maintain our friendship. Originally, I was asked by him to serve as an escrow for the transaction between him and Mike. And I was more then willing to do so. But alas, they worked it out amongst themselves and it ended up not being necessary. I was not involved in ANY other way with Chamane then what I say here. And yes, if he denies this (which I doubt he will because it is the 100% truth) I have the saved emails to prove this.

*(as a side note he most likely chose me because he trusted me due to our history together, where as Mike, if you don’t know him, and Chamane did not, can appear to be a rather rough fellow hence the desire for some piece of mind {control} in the transaction)

To buy or not to buy / Opinions now
Let’s say for the sake of argument that tomorrow some guy in California finds an entire six pack box of US Kizuna Encounters. (100% totally legit carts for this hypothetical example) So he throws the first one on eBay to see what it will fetch. The auction ends, and he is shocked and thrilled to see that it sells for $30,000. He then says “holy shit!” and throws the second one on eBay. Guess what, it sells for $25,000. Then he throws another one on there, it receives $20,000, etc. Granted these are estimated averages. But the point here is this. I can guarantee you that the last one is NOT going to sell for the same price as the first one. This is the rule of supply & demand. This is how most rare games always fluctuate; up & down like a rollercoaster.

Take ANY rare game for ANY system and run a “completed auction” search on eBay. What do you find? An entire spectrum of prices from: “wow that guy got a sweet firkin’ deal man!” to “dude, that guy got so hosed bro!” Again, this is the basic law of averages.

So, consider this. It is none of my business what Chamane offered nor what Mike declined or accepted from Chamane, or any of the other buyers for that matter. I say again, it is NOT MY BUSINESS, and it is NOT MY PROBLEM. It is no more my problem then if someone else paid more or less then I did last month on eBay for some Atari game. Understand? This is absolutely no different!

Chamane is unhappy and complaining
Yes, this is true! That much is VERY obvious to everybody by the actions which he has taken. But the million dollar question is: Is Chamane unhappy because the game is fake, or is Chamane unhappy because he paid more then one of the other buyers?

Facts:
None of the other buyers have asked for a refund.
None of the other buyers have claimed the game to be fake.
None of the other buyers have complained.

Opinions:
Well, use the above facts, formulate your own opinions, and draw your own conclusions.

Additional Trivialities

So Billy, what did you pay?
For now, I will not go into the details regarding what I paid, when I paid, or how I paid because frankly, I don’t have to. It is nobody’s business. This is not to say that maybe perhaps someday in the future I will feel comfortable talking about it, but for now, especially in this hellfire storm I have no intention to do so. But the point is, we the
6 buyers all paid a different price. (I say this not because I know this, but because I can hypothesize this based on the example I just gave above about the law of averages) But what I paid is no more Chamanes' problem then what Chamane paid is my problem.

Do you think the game is real?
The short answer is yes. I do think the game is real. Long answer, I don’t know? How can I be 100% sure? How can anyone be 100% sure in this day and age of any item being real? It seems like anything can be done with today’s technology. I hold my breath every time I open a package containing a rare game I bought from eBay, the internet, or elsewhere. This is the reality of the modern world we live in. Now, Geddons' report & Chamanes' report contradict one another. And granted I believe Geddons' is more accurate. However, I did not buy the game because of Geddons' report. I bought the game because I held it in my hands, and within seconds I knew it was real. Which was the exact same thing that all of the 6 buyers felt and said btw. In addition, I did some comparisons to other home cartridges in my collection and again, everything checked out for me, personally. I also did some independent research, analyzed the pertinent information, and again I was/am convinced that it was/is real. I made my own decision.

So to end this post, just in case there are any questions or doubts regarding what I wrote or how it was written, here is the simplified short version of what I know and the extent of how I was/am involved in this.

I own both an Aero Fighters 3 and a Power Spikes 2.
I PAID as in BOUGHT as in PURCHASED both of them. They were NOT free. They were NOT cheap. I was NOT "coerced" or "tricked" or "greased" in my decision to buy them. I believed & still believe them both to be real, and I strongly feel this will eventually be proven to the public. I do NOT want a refund, and they are NOT for sale because I am a collector and they are real. Period! Pretty straight forward huh?

I am NOT involved in any "conspiracy" or "scam" or "fraud". I am being 100% honest in everything I just stated. When you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember what you said because it is the truth and you have nothing to hide. So, kiss my ass! And if Chamane suddenly wants a refund, 4 months later mind you, and for whatever reason, and David gives him one, than great, whatever, again, it’s not my business and it’s not my fucking problem and I don’t care! Granted, I want Chamane to be happy because he is my friend, but his opinion of the game or his reasons for wanting to return it are not my business, not my fault, not my problem, not my concern, not my anything.

Consider this final thought. Let’s say Chamane returns the game and gets a refund. Later down the road, one of two things will happen:

If the game turns out to be FAKE, then yes, Chamane got scammed, but he also got his money back. I, myself, also got scammed, but I am out my money because I turned down the opportunity for a refund.
If the game turns out to be REAL, then Chamane, who returned it for a refund, has now relinquished the game, and has now lost the opportunity to have the game. I, myself, still have my game.

So can you read between the lines there? Subconsciously, I must be totally convinced that the game is real because not only did I reveal my faith in the games authenticity by putting my money where my mouth was when I bought the game, but I am even willing to do it a SECOND time and take yet another risk just out of fear that I may not be able to get the game again. That my friends is absolutely convincing evidence that I truly do feel that the game is real. So much so, that I am willing to continue taking risks where Chamane is not. And btw, the other buyers must obviously feel the same as I do because their lack of interest in a refund proves this as well.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Well, nothing was really disclosed here. Just repeating stuff mostly everybody knows and re-iterating your own opinion (again).

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
Didn't you listen to the last round, meat head? Pay attention, you're sayin' the same shit that he said

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
So in short the only ones who are in a position to clarify the authenticity of the title are also willing to make it authentic just for the strategy of investment right?

SSS

neo retired
The equivalent of textual diarrhea.

Billy, just enjoy your PSII MVS cart and shut the fuck up.

Tinieblas

Marked Wolf
Billy, were you aware at any point of the Source's plans to release Kof2k before geddon's report?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
And to think that this isn't even a proto.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
To completely echo the peanut-gallery here, I think we've had enough of these full disclosure threads.

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
I can't tell if you are trying to convince yourself these games are real or everyone else.

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
I can't tell if you are trying to convince yourself these games are real or everyone else.

eh

ps anyway I guess he paid a significantly lower amount compared to chamane or other 3 legit buyers..let's say if you paid it $5000 or little more you have paid for the costs of a perfect style snk home carts and that could be considered a fair price for a limited run converted cart. Just my guess.
Geddon and Billy are not going to share how much/if they paid their carts and we can only guess it. Anyway that tells me a lot more than if they were to tell it to us.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Rule of diminishing returns, not supply & demand; but yeah.

evo7_31

Geese's Thug
the games are fake man, no amount of 'I touched it and immediately I felt it was real!' is going to change that.. and no amount of self-convincing is going to change that either..

nothing about the 6 games adds up.. NOTHING.. it's sheer folly to even consider a 1% possibility that they're real.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
The price thing is still perplexing. Take Metal Slug for example. When it is thrown around (like the whore it is on the forums) it rarely goes down, it always goes up.

Supergun, your rules of diminishing returns doesn't mean anything when the source has all six known copies. That means he gets to call the shots and I doubt he would vary it much from the initial sale.

With no price on what you paid for them, you've added nothing new to this mess.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Now that he has come out and said he goes by gut feelings, people would doubt if any other of his carts could be a fake. Just like that Blondin guy insisting his Chibi Maruko Chan could be a "second print".

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Is this thread just an attempt to draw some attention to yourself? You're not disclosing anything with this thread. You're not saying anything news worthy here. It's all been discussed and beat to death already. There's too many fucking drama queens around here.

chamane

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Gentlemen,
The time has come to set the record straight. My record, mind you, not anyone else’s. This post is me speaking for myself, nobody else.

Aero Fighters 3 / Nothing but the facts
There were a total of 6 of these. Yes, they were all sold to buyers. Every buyer paid a different price. I know who all the buyers are, but only those buyers who have publicly revealed themselves will be mentioned here. Chamane, Geddon, & I are 3 of the buyers. The other 3 have yet to come forward. To the best of my knowledge, Chamane is the only buyer requesting a refund. If I am wrong somebody correct me, but for now, we have to accept this as fact because no other buyer has come forward to complain.

Chamane / Nothing but the facts
I have known him for years. We go way back. We have connected both on a personal level, as well as on a business level. I truly hope that when all the dust settles from this, we will be able to maintain our friendship. Originally, I was asked by him to serve as an escrow for the transaction between him and Mike. And I was more then willing to do so. But alas, they worked it out amongst themselves and it ended up not being necessary. I was not involved in ANY other way with Chamane then what I say here. And yes, if he denies this (which I doubt he will because it is the 100% truth) I have the saved emails to prove this.

*(as a side note he most likely chose me because he trusted me due to our history together, where as Mike, if you don’t know him, and Chamane did not, can appear to be a rather rough fellow hence the desire for some piece of mind {control} in the transaction)

To buy or not to buy / Opinions now
Let’s say for the sake of argument that tomorrow some guy in California finds an entire six pack box of US Kizuna Encounters. (100% totally legit carts for this hypothetical example) So he throws the first one on eBay to see what it will fetch. The auction ends, and he is shocked and thrilled to see that it sells for $30,000. He then says “holy shit!” and throws the second one on eBay. Guess what, it sells for $25,000. Then he throws another one on there, it receives $20,000, etc. Granted these are estimated averages. But the point here is this. I can guarantee you that the last one is NOT going to sell for the same price as the first one. This is the rule of supply & demand. This is how most rare games always fluctuate; up & down like a rollercoaster.

Take ANY rare game for ANY system and run a “completed auction” search on eBay. What do you find? An entire spectrum of prices from: “wow that guy got a sweet firkin’ deal man!” to “dude, that guy got so hosed bro!” Again, this is the basic law of averages.

So, consider this. It is none of my business what Chamane offered nor what Mike declined or accepted from Chamane, or any of the other buyers for that matter. I say again, it is NOT MY BUSINESS, and it is NOT MY PROBLEM. It is no more my problem then if someone else paid more or less then I did last month on eBay for some Atari game. Understand? This is absolutely no different!

Chamane is unhappy and complaining
Yes, this is true! That much is VERY obvious to everybody by the actions which he has taken. But the million dollar question is: Is Chamane unhappy because the game is fake, or is Chamane unhappy because he paid more then one of the other buyers?

Facts:
None of the other buyers have asked for a refund.
None of the other buyers have claimed the game to be fake.
None of the other buyers have complained.

Opinions:
Well, use the above facts, formulate your own opinions, and draw your own conclusions.

Additional Trivialities

So Billy, what did you pay?
For now, I will not go into the details regarding what I paid, when I paid, or how I paid because frankly, I don’t have to. It is nobody’s business. This is not to say that maybe perhaps someday in the future I will feel comfortable talking about it, but for now, especially in this hellfire storm I have no intention to do so. But the point is, we the
6 buyers all paid a different price. (I say this not because I know this, but because I can hypothesize this based on the example I just gave above about the law of averages) But what I paid is no more Chamanes' problem then what Chamane paid is my problem.

Do you think the game is real?
The short answer is yes. I do think the game is real. Long answer, I don’t know? How can I be 100% sure? How can anyone be 100% sure in this day and age of any item being real? It seems like anything can be done with today’s technology. I hold my breath every time I open a package containing a rare game I bought from eBay, the internet, or elsewhere. This is the reality of the modern world we live in. Now, Geddons' report & Chamanes' report contradict one another. And granted I believe Geddons' is more accurate. However, I did not buy the game because of Geddons' report. I bought the game because I held it in my hands, and within seconds I knew it was real. Which was the exact same thing that all of the 6 buyers felt and said btw. In addition, I did some comparisons to other home cartridges in my collection and again, everything checked out for me, personally. I also did some independent research, analyzed the pertinent information, and again I was/am convinced that it was/is real. I made my own decision.

So to end this post, just in case there are any questions or doubts regarding what I wrote or how it was written, here is the simplified short version of what I know and the extent of how I was/am involved in this.

I own both an Aero Fighters 3 and a Power Spikes 2.
I PAID as in BOUGHT as in PURCHASED both of them. They were NOT free. They were NOT cheap. I was NOT "coerced" or "tricked" or "greased" in my decision to buy them. I believed & still believe them both to be real, and I strongly feel this will eventually be proven to the public. I do NOT want a refund, and they are NOT for sale because I am a collector and they are real. Period! Pretty straight forward huh?

I am NOT involved in any "conspiracy" or "scam" or "fraud". I am being 100% honest in everything I just stated. When you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember what you said because it is the truth and you have nothing to hide. So, kiss my ass! And if Chamane suddenly wants a refund, 4 months later mind you, and for whatever reason, and David gives him one, than great, whatever, again, it’s not my business and it’s not my fucking problem and I don’t care! Granted, I want Chamane to be happy because he is my friend, but his opinion of the game or his reasons for wanting to return it are not my business, not my fault, not my problem, not my concern, not my anything.

Consider this final thought. Let’s say Chamane returns the game and gets a refund. Later down the road, one of two things will happen:

If the game turns out to be FAKE, then yes, Chamane got scammed, but he also got his money back. I, myself, also got scammed, but I am out my money because I turned down the opportunity for a refund.
If the game turns out to be REAL, then Chamane, who returned it for a refund, has now relinquished the game, and has now lost the opportunity to have the game. I, myself, still have my game.

So can you read between the lines there? Subconsciously, I must be totally convinced that the game is real because not only did I reveal my faith in the games authenticity by putting my money where my mouth was when I bought the game, but I am even willing to do it a SECOND time and take yet another risk just out of fear that I may not be able to get the game again. That my friends is absolutely convincing evidence that I truly do feel that the game is real. So much so, that I am willing to continue taking risks where Chamane is not. And btw, the other buyers must obviously feel the same as I do because their lack of interest in a refund proves this as well.

I am complaining because the game is fake because I looked this game from a perspective that it has been touched by !arcade! who lied for yers.

Between the line, my real opinion is that you were still in contact with Ray Young, you, Tonk, Geddon. I personaly think you trusted this guy ( never had any problem with him, etc etc) but you never warned us about a potential !arcade! link.

I only talk about the money you spent to be sure you actually " paid" a price for the game. I don't care about the price you paid, I care about if you were " paid" morally by the source. I think it's clear.

I AM A COLLECTOR. I don't care about the price I was paying, even 5000USD more than other sellers, if the game was legit. I paid 25000USD something which is worth 500.. or even 300.

Actually, I will not post that much anymore. most of the things you're discussin have been already talked 10 times. Wake up.
Everything has been already said about your moral investment in this journey, and your blablabla doesn't change anything. I don't reallt think we really care.

DavidG openly offered us a refund that we accepted. The report will be posted. We need to fix the details.

We are doing what we think we need to do :
- be reimbursed
- put a warning on all "samples" game sold by the individual DavidG.

I personaly don't trust you anymore. This is fact.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
I am complaining because the game is fake because I looked this game from a perspective that it has been touched by !arcade! who lied for yers.

Between the line, my real opinion is that you were still in contact with Ray Young, you, Tonk, Geddon. I personaly think you trusted this guy ( never had any problem with him, etc etc) but you never warned us about a potential !arcade! link.

I only talk about the money you spent to be sure you actually " paid" a price for the game. I don't care about the price you paid, I care about if you were " paid" morally by the source. I think it's clear.

I AM A COLLECTOR. I don't care about the price I was paying, even 5000USD more than other sellers, if the game was legit. I paid 25000USD something which is worth 500.. or even 300.

Actually, I will not post that much anymore. most of the things you're discussin have been already talked 10 times. Wake up.
Everything has been already said about your moral investment in this journey, and your blablabla doesn't change anything. I don't reallt think we really care.

DavidG openly offered us a refund that we accepted. The report will be posted. We need to fix the details.

We are doing what we think we need to do :
- be reimbursed
- put a warning on all "samples" game sold by the individual DavidG.

I personaly don't trust you anymore. This is fact.

Yeah

>Cant wait for your report

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
This isn't really about the the game being real or not is it ?
It's about how somehow one guy paid a lot more than another guy who is (was) his friend and how he had nothing to do with that shady deal !

The Ebay comparison is total bullshit in this case BTW although it probably makes you sleep better .

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
This isn't really about the the game being real or not is it ?
It's about how somehow one guy paid a lot more than another guy who is (was) his friend and how he had nothing to do with that shady deal !

The Ebay comparison is total bullshit in this case BTW although it probably makes you sleep better .

I don't think that's the case.

I think he woke up, when he saw another rare release from the same guy.

C'mon thats suspicious!

glazball

Pleasure Goal
10 Year Member
It sounds like you have just too much damn money and an itchy trigger finger. You were just the type of buyer than Tonk and Co. were looking for to unload these fake games. I just hope that if you WERE to decide to get your money back for these 2 games (for whatever reason) that you'll be able to do so. Not holding my breath for you though.

Chamane, if you happen to read this: I'm curious to know if Tonk asked you to come to the US to buy the game or if you volunteered to do so? I have a suspicion that Tonk did not want to mail any fake games overseas because that could be considered mail fraud in a court of law, which is a federal felony offense.