Meet the NGF team in Socal for your in-person KOF 2000 US authentication NEXT WEEK!

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
Given all of the recent drama around the fraudulent cartridges trying to be peddled by some, The NGF team has decided to open up our trip to Southern California to personal on-site authentications for the owners of the rarest official neo geo game ever released, The King of Fighters English.

This provides an opportunity for any lucky owners in SoCal that have not already authenticated to do so without having to send their game to Las Vegas or Denver. Contact myself or Dion to schedule a meeting 08/05-08/08. We will be in hanging out enjoying Huntington and Newport Beach, soaking up some nice California sun and would love to meet up with other fans even just to enjoy some drinks and nice conversation.

Unlike most of the keyboard warriors here, we have never hidden from the public, been afraid to meet other people, even ones that have made disparaging remarks about us.

We feel the KOF 2000 English Authentication program is the absolute best way for owners to have peace of mind and resale value in the future. At this point, I would not buy ANY neo geo game costing more than a few hundred dollars without serious consideration.

Even if you do not own this great game, feel free to schedule some time to just come hang out. Find out for yourself what it is like to actually enjoy a social activity.

Here is a repost of the KOF 2000 authentication program for those that missed the original:

The biggest thing about high value items is provenance, since the investment is substantial. The problem with the neo geo scene is high quality printing is now available, and as everyone has seen, bootlegging expensive cartridge is too tempting for the scammers. The KOF 2000 was not immune to this phenomenon, and instead of just letting our customers suffer, as usual NGF came up with a solution. This release is really a legacy and piece of neo geo history and we wanted to make sure it did not get ruined like Metal Slug, Blazing Star, Chibi Quiz, etc. The fact is fakes are out there in serious numbers, and if you own any neo geo game worth more than $500, you should be prepared for scrutiny. I would bet there is probably a 25% fake rate in most of the "serious" collectors collections that have been acquired in the last 3 years. Unless you bought the game from a retail store, you might have a fake.

We came up with the authentication system last year and it has worked out really really well. We have authenticated over 40% of the original 100, and continue to get requests weekly. If you own this game, this is a FREE service, and will provide yourself, as well as a future owner the peace of mind of knowing the have an original. If you do not have your cartridge authenticated, or you are looking to buy one, DO NOT RISK buying one that has not been certified. Unlike phantom sales of games that are obviously not real, these cartridges have have been bought and sold many many times on the open market and have established value.

Below is an example - KOF 2000 English 012/100 "Andromeda Edition".

As you can see, each piece of the set is numbered with a tamper proof seal. This eliminates the "frankencart" syndrome where people use the best pieces from multiple carts, or they attempt to bootleg a single piece.
P7010692.jpg

Each original authenticated carts gets a unique number and edition name. The original person that sends the cartridge in for authentication gets the privilege of naming that cartridge, and it will forever be known by the name and number given at that time.
P7010691.jpg

The certification documentation is delivered to the owner, and includes a signed and numbered certificate of ownership. This certificate can be redeemed by a new owner for a new certification without having to send in the cartridge again, thereby allowing new owners to have a certificate of ownership with their name.
P7010698.jpg

This system eliminates the bootlegs, as there is a registry of owners, and each copy has a history of ownership, and cannot be duplicated without someone knowing something is up. It is a great system, one that we offer as a courtesy to the owners of this game.

The KOF 2000 English 093/100 "High Altitude Edition"

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Vegas looks pretty damn believable these days.

:snack:

Last edited:

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Isn't this all getting a bit tedious by now?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I love the high altitude edition video. Such an amazing troll job.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Can Dion pay for my flight ticket?
Can Dion put me in a headlock and DDT me after?

Last edited:

Nightmare Tony

*Account control passed, on to Tony's family.Ex Ro
If you guys are passing through the inland empire, stop on by. Sadly, I cannot authenticate a home cart, some of the boots were awesomely subtle. Be warned I can barely talk and will cough maybe 95% of the time. But you are most welcome to stop on in!