Super Neo MVS Converter Fixed with ZMC2!

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
First, I would like to thank everybody involved in the NeoGeo Dev Wiki. because without their information this wouldn't be possible.

I got scammed by an ebay seller from France that sold me the MVS converter saying that it was the Phanton-1.
Since my mother was visiting France she bought it on the shop and delivered it to me.
I had no change to get my money back so I sent this to my friend l_oliveira so he could take a look at it: out project had began. To fix scaling and every other problem on the converter.

That's the result:
DSC01240.JPG

After a lot of talking with people on irc and gathering information from the wiki the idea came to replace the Neo-Flash fault emulated chip for a real ZMC2 from a dead MVS motherboard.

The result? Flawless!

TV2012080217355300.jpg

This is metal slug X original cartridge working on a 9v 3-5 AES.
No graphic glitches.
This one works with my 5v, also.

About the sound problem:

The sound problems are not related to the converter, they are related to the multi cartridges.

The audio is divided in 4 parts: FM, PSG, ADPCM1 e ADPCM2. The audio problem is related to the ADPCM, because the ROM is in the cartridge.
The ZMC2 that is in the cartridge now won't touch any of the audio chipsets.
It must be some kind of fault in the FPGA on the 161 in 1 or a voltage problem.

The original cartridge worked fine.
Bootlegs worked fine: KOF2003, 2002, SVC Chaos.

And now that the NEO-CT0 code is out, we can build our own converters.
Soon a free alternative of a flawless converter will show up and people with PCB design skills will be able to build them.

This is awesome, thanks for everybody :)

If you have other bug let me know so we can test it out.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Why make another thread? Just post the update in the original post.

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
That thread was about the NEO-CT0 code.
Since this is kind of a big news I thought it would be nice a single thread for it.

And, to be honest, I did it because I was kind of too excited/happy with the results that I kind of didn't think this through =P

EDIT: I don't see a delete option here.
Xian Xi, do you have mod power here? If you do, could you please merge this with the other thread?

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Waited for the reveal to post this:

Either way you do it, DavidG is basically fixing your converter.

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
????????

I don't need to ship my converter to him, my converter is working fine now.
The work was done 100% here in Brazil.
I don't understand how he could have anything to do with it.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
So to fix this you would need to sac a whole mvs mobo?

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
Or use a dead one. The donor was a corroded MVS board who died a sad death to the corrosive fumes of a dirty and old wooden arcade cabinet.

or, you could use the NEO-CT0 code from the wiki and reflash the fault one. Neo-CT0 it's almost the same as ZMC2.

Last edited:

Kyuusaku

B. Jenet's Firstmate
To clarify the ZMC2 can be taken from just about any AES cart, not that it should be. Early converters, Pranslations, most Phantoms and presumably the Daedalus converter all sacrifice this part (or equivalent parts).