sony PVM advice

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
hey guys, not sure if this is the optimal thread for this question but I seen this ad and was hoping someone with a little more monitor knowledge than I could confirm it would be a good display for some oldschool consoles and such.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/pho/3078929288.html

I lack in space but if this monitor is good I would definitely jump on it.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I imagine I would be using the phono RGB inputs anyway? reading this PDF has shown me how little I actually know about inputs and video signals.

I imagine if that BNC input is important, I could always find a the connector and replace it even if it's ghetto style

EDIT: and how rude of me, thanks for the help :)

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Since they don't mention what BNC input specifically is broken, chances are its not one of the RGB ones. Since they mentioned using it for color correction it's most likely one of the composite video inputs.

I would definitely get it.

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I have a couple pvm monitors now. You will need the bnc for the scart breakout, the ext sync is also important.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
I imagine I would be using the phono RGB inputs anyway? reading this PDF has shown me how little I actually know about inputs and video signals.
:)

The what???? a PHONO input is a special audio input where you connect a record player!! Also known as Turntable. Its an audio input. If you connect a normal line level audio signal to it, the sound will be VERY base heavy and probably also very loud.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Get it. Ive got the 29 inch one and theyre awesome. Nothing better for old school gaming than a pvm with rgb. Even if one of the bnc connectors fell of its likely the composite ones cause they got more use back in the day, easy to replace anyway.

Last edited:

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Yes it is easy to replace a BNC, you can put anything you like there really.