VT's collection thread

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I'll be the second cool kid in this forum.

528011_3693805938661_169873857_n.jpg

First (and probably last) time I've had every machine on since I received the candy cabs. (L to Right) Megatouch Ruby, Gauntlet 2, Virtua Fighter 4 : Evolution, Fist of the North Star, Castle Shikigami 2, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. I'm rotating the games again soon.

561978_3824596248337_2028565943_n.jpg

"Regular Rotation"

This is just the bookcase I use for stuff I keep in regular rotation. If it gets played often, I put it in here. I've been trying to organize my collection a bit better, box up the unused stuff, pare down.. etc. I used some art I got from a local op to decorate, marquees, etc.

This photo:

Neo Geo AES with 7 carts
Xbox/RomzBox
2 DC's and a bunch of games
A Bunch of AW carts (KOF XI, FOTNS, Demolish Fist, KOF:NW)
CPS-3 Carts and CD's (2i, 3s)
NAOMI w/ CF Kit
NAOMI 2 w/ VF4:E
TMNT, Wrestlemania Arcade, UMK3, Magic Sword, CPS-3 PCBs
(Other stuff, I can't remember)

577377_3661845699675_351915058_n.jpg

This MK2 was sold to me via description in much better condition than it actually was.

The tube was SHOT to SHIT, the CP was burned to hell from cigs, the buttons sucked and the sideart was weak and faded.

After much debate, I just decided to screw it and make it a Multi-MK machine. It would've cost a fortune for new art.. even if I converted to KI (which I seriously considered).

I waited a few months, ordered the parts slowly and replaced the chassis.

It took me about 3 months (I wonder why?) to get around to working on this thing again, butI did. I replaced the CP plexi, drilled the new holes (ruining the new plexi), replaced the buttons and cleaned her up.

The chassis made a moderate improvement, but it still looked like shit.

I had given a local game store my old 25'' dynamo. The monitor was damaged (specifically the chassis) and they decided to scrap it. A member here had it and on a lark, I asked if it was working. It was.. and when I got it home, I realized it was a perfect replacement to MK2.

I swapped the tubes tonight and I can't even tell there was burnin. It looks bright and sharp.

So, I'm notgoing to do anymore with this thing. It is what it is, but it's effectively finished for me. I may replace the art eventually, but I'm tapped out for a while with everything else.

Love this cab.

Megatouch Upright Cabaret w/ JADE 2 kit

599294_3661882900605_1922722874_n.jpg

Jade 2. I forgot this WASN'T a Rub. (been a while since I played with it.)

Picked this up at the auctions for $275 which is a damn good price.

Kids love playing with it, my daughter is a BEAST on Hoop Jones.

I like playing photo hunt and Let It Ride poker.

Not much to say, it looks nice and plays nice.

My newly acquired Blast City w/ Under Defeat (Naomi CF Kit)

554007_3652504266145_1223444365_n.jpg

Wasn't supposed to be mine! Covered a "friend" in the group buy and he dicked me over/backed out. It needs a good scrubbing, repainting. Took about 2 days to get the monitor issues fixed and get it into the house.

1p3b VF5 lindbergh panel on it, but I'm going to use it for shooters. Needs new buttons due to japanese arcade funk.

Love the cab, but not as much as the AWSD's.

AWSD (vertical) running Ikaruga

306549_3647100291049_1567091314_n.jpg

One of the AWSD's from my group buy.

Cleaned it up and threw Ikaruga in it. Needs new buttons, some scrubbing and a paint job.. but it's not urgent. Spent quite a bit of time de-stankifying it and getting it white again.

Plays great, my favorite cab.

May become my SC2 cab if I feel like rotating the monitor. Came from Dream Factory Arcade in Fukushima (Yes, THAT fukushima)

189473_3827810728697_1807792516_n.jpg

Got my SF3:3s cart reflashed. Now a permanent fixture in my BC.

AWSD Sit down (replaced the CP) running GGXX (Naomi GD-Rom)

557244_3158501476384_749540478_n.jpg

You'll see from the pics, I swapped the CP with an E3 2l12b CP. I use this for generic 6-button fighters. Will be a SF3:2i or SF3:3s again shortly. I usually run GGX:Accent Core on it.

Same cab as above, running my AW setup w/ SS6

305500_3157778298305_313257343_a.jpg

Odd thing about AWSD's, they don't support stereo for the AW motherboard. Though that was really odd.

I've got a TON of PCB's here and in storage, maybe I'll inventory those also.

Former Members:

All former members of my collection (not all of them, just ones I have pics of).

I've gotten rid of them for various reasons.

38592_1475413800244_7893460_n.jpg

Neo Candy. I restored it and gave it to someone as a gift. Nice cab when I was done with it.

163060_1619126792979_1492262_n.jpg

Four Slot, sold in Feb to fund my candy cab purchases. I dressed it up for Xmas last year.

167585_1646386354451_5425528_n.jpg

25'' Dynamo. Given to local game store.

Gauntlet 2, one of my "Grail Cabs" -- SOLD OFF -- Needed Cash and Space.

302388_2296570128639_51685656_n.jpg

I'll have to search out the thread where I told the story of this, but suffice to say, it's unnecessary now.

My son LOVES it, just like I did.

Great 4 player game, always something people ogle over when they come to my place.

Has a new monitor, needs new buttons to make it "factory" and needs sideart. Will eventually do these, but I just haven't been motivated.

More pics of former cabs when I can find them, there are tons.

Last edited:

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Yeah more pics needed.... How do you like the Atomiswave cabs?

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
That's a lot of cabs! Why two atomiswaves? Also, I really like the large marquee space on your Blast

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
All I got to say is dedicated MK2. Yeah Baby! The absolute LAST cabinet in my personal collection that I will ever part with. Hands down, my number one favorite fighting game of all time. Nice!

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
That's a lot of cabs! Why two atomiswaves?
One hori and one vert so that he doesn't have to rotate the monitor all the time. 29" tubes are heavy.

I especially like the atomiswave cabs. Wish i had the space to have to a vert and a hori cab next to each other.

Tacitus

Staff member
One hori and one vert so that he doesn't have to rotate the monitor all the time. 29" tubes are heavy.

I'm a big guy and they're not terribly heavy for my totally awesome guns. ;)

Exactly right though. I've necked two monitors in my life, I'm not doing it again.

I especially like the atomiswave cabs. Wish i had the space to have to a vert add a hori cab next to each other.

I do too.. the Windy 2's are the only cab I would say I like better. The AWSD's are sleek, the tubes are SUPER nice and they're very versatile. The AC outlet inside the cab also helps with GD-Rom, HD or other games requiring more AC!

Professor Plum

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Nice cabs! But did you smear Vaseline on your lens before you took the photos? lol

Tacitus

Staff member
All I got to say is dedicated MK2. Yeah Baby! The absolute LAST cabinet in my personal collection that I will ever part with. Hands down, my number one favorite fighting game of all time. Nice!

I agree! MK2 is my fav, but I finished the Multi-MK conversion tonight. I had wanted this for YEARS and finally got it.. I came close, VERY close to buying one in college when the game was big. My roomates saw that I got it on FB and laughed as they knew I was obsessed.

Tacitus

Staff member
I have a Net City / Naomi Uni cab in storage that I need to disassemble and bring in, along with restore.

Ill take pics and post my PCB stuff tomorrow.

Tacitus

Staff member
GAUNTLET!

I love that game. The audio sound effects are classic.

And 4P is the only way to play.

Man, I must have dumped a MILLION Dollars in that machine. lol!

I know the feeling. There was one at the summer camp i went to as a kid and I quarter fed that and punch out.

Tacitus

Staff member
I'm going to start taking pics of the board sets I have in the house.

Just tated my AWSD cabs back to horizontal so I could enjoy VF4e today. Surprisingly easy to do on the AWSD, but scary due to the possible necking.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
I'm going to start taking pics of the board sets I have in the house.

Just tated my AWSD cabs back to horizontal so I could enjoy VF4e today. Surprisingly easy to do on the AWSD, but scary due to the possible necking.

Totally feel you on the nervousness... first time I tried to tate one of my Astro Cities, I forgot to disconnect the tube. Heard a pop, then "pssshhh" (gas) and glass crunching. It was such a pain to get it fixed. Now I just leave a cab tated or hori permanently.

Love that Gauntlet. So many memories playing multiplayer on part 1. Seeing it for the first time and being able to play in a group just blew my childhood mind, haha.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
Nice Collection VT. I don't ever seen Motal Kombat II cab before. In Thailand has no this cab surely. Very cool :)

If my wife can allow me for take cab in home, I will be happy more and more ... it's my dream to have collection like you, VT.

Thanks for share your dream here....

Regards,
Saad

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Nice line up indeed! Hey VT, do you mind telling me what you paid for the MK2? I'm in the process of purchasing one and don't want to get crushed on price. Thanks!

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Totally feel you on the nervousness... first time I tried to tate one of my Astro Cities, I forgot to disconnect the tube. Heard a pop, then "pssshhh" (gas) and glass crunching. It was such a pain to get it fixed. Now I just leave a cab tated or hori permanently. ...

:eek::eek:

Man, some part of me felt that.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Nice line up indeed! Hey VT, do you mind telling me what you paid for the MK2? I'm in the process of purchasing one and don't want to get crushed on price. Thanks!

Not sure what VT paid but I paid $500 for mine 14 years ago. Price has stayed pretty steady. I'd say $4-500 for a nice one.

Tacitus

Staff member
Not sure what VT paid but I paid $500 for mine 14 years ago. Price has stayed pretty steady. I'd say $4-500 for a nice one.

I think I paid $400 shipped (and brought down to my basement).

I probably overpaid a bit because the artwork wasn't as nice as advertised and the tube was shot.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
That first picture of them all lined up against the wall is awesome, and makes me want to start cab collecting. You should consider getting one of those token machines that spit out 4 tokens whenever you put in a dollar. I think that would be a badass edition to a home arcade.

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thanks for the info on MKII guys, God I hate dealing with people on CL.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Amazing collection VT! I'm really digging that Blast City too, beautiful thing! I should be getting one soon but unfortunately without the original monitor :(