SVC CHAOS PCB battery Q

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Hey guys!

Saw the PCB for cheap and picked this up (only twenty quid).

It's quite fun, I never bothered with the home cart, and the PS2 port was yucky.

Anyway, my question is in relation to the coin shaped battery that is on this board;

- Does it store dip settings?
- Or high scores?
- Or just maintain the calender?

The reason why I ask is that I am wanting to get rid of batteries on my PCBs'.

Unfortunately the battery doesn't come on a caddy, so I will have to desolder or snip the battery connectors.

If the battery doesn't do much, then I'll whip it off, but if, for example it forces the dip settings, then I may have to sort out a replacement (what is the battery type number)?

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Cheers.

Anyone know the correct battery to replace this with?

I can't make out what is written on the battery, as the contacts obscure the writing. It seems to be a 2430 with 3V, but I think the one on the PCB is a rechargeable one and I can't seem to find a rechargeable one to replace it.

Would there be any issues if I just fitted a cr2430 - I'm guessing that the battery won't like to being charged though?

I guess with hindsight I should have posted this in the battery thread perhaps?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You can replace it with any rechargeable coincell type that ranges from 3v-3.6v, you can install a non-rechargeable battery but you would need to disable the charging circuit so the battery doesn't explode.