CPS2 problem

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
I have a dead marvel vs capcom with the dead battery issue. Who does the phoenix job to this boards. I heard Razz is the creator of this method but anyone in the US does the job.

Have a nice day to all.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Any US based tech who gets the code from RAZ can phoenix your board for you.

channelmanic (Tx) comes to mind.

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
Thanks but he has a full pm inbox and I cannot leave him a message.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
I cleaned it...

$25 labor
25 Euros for the code from Razoola
+ shipping.

Per my agreement with him I do not program just the ROMs. I phoenix the original CPS2 cart board w/ROMs installed.

Raymond

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Yup. You can send it without the shell and it'll fit in one of the UPSP Priority mail boxes that way. Is this a blue or green cart? I have a US and an Asia A board here. If yours is different then I'll need your A board to test with.

RJ

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Blue (US/EU/JP) and Green (JP) boards use the same board connectors.

Grey (Asian) boards reverse one M/F connector--on one side of the board.

Orange (SoAm) boards reverse one M/F connector-- on the other side of the board.

The Yellow (Rental) boards can contain any region board inside it--so check the connectors on the bottom of the board.

And the Black boards are All-In-Ones. These boards ship in the shell. And make sure your tech can revive a back board before you ship.

Last edited:

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
The board is a blue one it comes from a dedicated marvel vs capcom cabinet from Namco Time Out that I bought because they where taking out. Because It was a capcom cabinet I find another cps2 board to use it, a MSH. But Because of my laziness I knew the battery has more than five years and I have the battery but leave it for another day I say and now a Dead one. But the real question is Can it be revive? Right now I'm considering to quit this capcom arcade thing and sell the cabinet and just leave the NG mvs. Capcom is too much trouble and too much expenses.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Yes, a Blue MvC CPS2 board can be revived (Phoenixed)--IF only a dead battery is stopping the game from working.

If there is something else is stopping the board from working--like a bad part or parts--then, these must be fixed or repaired, first, for the revive process to work.

In general, CPS2 boards are relativly new arcade boards, so if the Battery has not leaked all over the board and the battery acid has not started to corrode the near by chips and traces on the board, then the revive pricess ought to work fine.

Only Two ways to ceck a CPS2 Battery: (1) Open the Blue Case or (2) Peek Through The Case Vents.

1) Open the Blue CPS2 case (with a T20 Security Bit) and check out the board. See if the battery leaked.

2) Get a flashlight and peek through the front and back vents on the Blue CPS2 case and look for the battery. Shine the flashlight on the battery. (It will be located near the back right corner of the board, which is the opposite side of the Game ID sticker). See if the battery leaked.

Last edited:

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
I have opened to change the battery but it was to late, the battery just drain. It was starting to leak but I cleaned all and no damage was made, it was to little liquid. When I plug it to the cabinet I just get some blue or green screen I dont remember exactly and no boot.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
A solid color screen usually indicates a failure to start-up.

And that usually also indicates a working, dead board.

So, IMHO, it sounds to me like the Phoenix process will work for your Blue MvC board.

PM either RAZ (FIN) or Channelmaniac (US, Tx) for details.