A New NEO GEO Website Launched today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Gentlemen!

I would like to officially announce to the NEOGEO community, here on the neo-geo.com forums, the official launch of a bran new NEOGEO website! It is a Spanish website, but some of the articles have English language versions as well. Even for those that do not, you can use a Google Translator and still get the general information from them. Really nice!

The site has so much to see and so much to read! It has so many good articles, and lots of original material and some great content. I have learned a lot of new and interesting things about the NEOGEO. I highly recommend that you go check it out when you get the chance! So much hard work and effort has been put into it. I congratulate them! Enjoy!

www.culturaneogeo.com

Regards,
Billy

grimeka

NEST Puppet
Thanks Billy!!

Best regards from Spain and we hope all people from this great forum visit our website.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Very thorough. Good. Would like to see more. As always, I feel you have been holding out on us, Billy.

LlorensBlood

Mr. Big's Thug
Thanks Billy! You have helped us a lot. A lot of very interesting information about the neogeo protos scene, how to work if you find one of this special item, and more.

Well, as grimeka says, we hope all of you will visit our web. We tried to write the most completely information about the neo geo scene, there are about one year of hard work, researching info, contrasting info and more. But in the future, it will come more "specials", more interviews... we want to grow every week.

But now, sure that jou will enjoy reading it!

Hello kuk, nice to meet you. I know that web, very interesting by the way, but the translatins doesn't exist on our website. Texts are genuine, as you can see!

Best Regards!

SNK Forever

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Super Fun Reads Here

Some of the articles in the "Dossiers" section are just so much fun to read. Like the "G-Mantle" and "Real Locations" articles. I just never really knew much about G-Mantle and I never realized just how much they pushed that character in their early advertising campaigns. Also never realized just how many backgrounds in the games were based on real life locations.

I have been enjoying it quite a bit the last several nights. Lots to see and read about.

LlorensBlood

Mr. Big's Thug
Thanks! and now, we are about to launch a new dossier about the memory cards released on the system. Pics, versions, and more, i hope you enjoy it!

Step by step, slowly, we want to do a nice work, a complete little big Neo Geo meeting point

Thanks everybody for reading us.

SNK Forever.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Nice work on the Ghostlop page, Supergun, but I was saddened to read it. I have great appreciation that you were able to discover the game, but it made me sad to read your thoughts about the game becoming public. Seems like you'd prefer for protos to stay in the hands of private collectors in the future. I mean, I guess I already basically knew that, but I hated to read about the thought process.

It's great that we can all enjoy Ghostlop today, despite the sloppy way it got in our hands. It's usually the first game I think of when I imagine going home and playing my MVS. I have some of the songs as ringtones on my phone. It's one of the few games I think I'd be very competetive in as a tournament. I can't imagine the library without it. The game ought to be public (think Indiana Jones saying, "It belongs in a museum!")

Ideally, the community should be given the opportunity to buy these games from collectors so that they can be publicly released. All we'd need is proof the game exists and a trusted party to act as the escrow. I'm sure by donations we'd be easily be able to raise several thousands of dollars to pay the owner. And I'm ready to put my money where my mouth is and pledge at least a few hundred dollars if not more, just to get the roms in the hands of everyone, mostly people who didn't pay a penny. And I'm not rich by any stretch. There are enough of us committed to this hobby who desperately want to see these missing links brought to light.

I hope you'll consider it in the future, lest these games fester on some collector's shelf some decades from now.

LlorensBlood

Mr. Big's Thug
Elixir, perhaps we should tell about bukkale or anal sex in a history dossier about neo geo system, because if we tell about snk in a history dossier about neogeo system, we are copying more webs like yours. Please stop bugging our welcome post, i don't know what you win doing this.

Peace. Nonesense.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
Anyone up for translating that mess? lol.

The fact of the matter is, you have taken information in another language, modified, translated, and called your own. In English, we call this "plagiarism".

Interesting
the problem it's an translation of other website, especialy this one (in french)
http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/dossiers.htm

I don't seem to be alone.

What do you have to say for yourself?

Last edited:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
What was sloppy about it?
It wasn't really coordinated. Some people were trying to make a profit. The owners of the original cart didn't necessarily mean for the rom to get dumped (although it was certainly going to happen eventually); an individual took matters into his own hands. The part about dumping it and releasing it publicly, at least, wasn't sloppy. That was beautiful.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
It wasn't really coordinated. Some people were trying to make a profit. The owners of the original cart didn't necessarily mean for the rom to get dumped (although it was certainly going to happen eventually); an individual took matters into his own hands. The part about dumping it and releasing it publicly, at least, wasn't sloppy. That was beautiful.

Our side was very well coordinated.

I didn't know the info about Jeff dumping the game was public knowledge.

But quite a bit of people did not want the game public - Shito even tried to foil our plans.

When I heard the discussion of these guys saying that they wanted the game to hold value, I just released the ROM.

Nothing to lose.

Now I know why Vinh flat out lied to me about the reason I was demodded from his site.

I still don't regret what I did.

I lost money as well as the next guy - it was unfair of me to do that. But being younger, it really didn't phase me.

Status
Not open for further replies.