to increase nngpc sound?

snk-x

n00b
i was wondering if anybody here knows a place where i can have my ngpc audio louder? i had this chip put in my gameboy advance, its loud as fuck, its perfect on the train,but the place i got my gameboy advance done they dont do ngpc, so does anyone know?

snk-x

n00b
are you being funny with me? huh? am i a clown in big red shoes to amuse you? i guess nobody knows

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Actually, there is a cheap and inexpensive way to increase the sound on NGPC.

A company called NYKO released an accesory called the Neo Geo Pocket Color Shock and Rock. Not only does it boost the stereo (YES, STEREO) sound by about 200% (mental dead reckoning) but, it can be programmed to shake when certain thing occur while playing. The vibration kind of annoys me but, it can be shut off. Anyway, I believe this device can still be found at Electronics Boutique for around $15.

Hope that helps. (pays to be informed..hehehe)

snk-x

n00b
really wow thats sounds cool how does it look? is it a sleek design or what?

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
The Shock 'n Rock is a decent peripheral. It is bulky, but at least you get
better / louder sound.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Originally posted by snk-x:
<STRONG>are you being funny with me? huh? am i a clown in big red shoes to amuse you? i guess nobody knows</STRONG>
Knows what?? were you joking about the GBA?

snk-x

n00b
no i wasnt i am serious! i live in NYC and in chinatown they do all kinds of things like this, i have a chip in it that increasews the volume drastically, i ply my GBA next to other people with BGA and the expression on their face is classic! when they ask me why mines is so loud i just tell them i have an "upgraded version" that is funny

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
WOW,
I've not come across anything like that!
How much did it cost?
Did you fit it yourself?

snk-x

n00b
well actually my friend and i do it, we solder(sp)a chip near the sound chip to increase the sound, if you are interested i can do it for you for 40 bucks!! believe me your friends will envy you with this enhancement, my friends do! if you are interested email me at raveneffekt@aol.com and we can talk about it

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Yeah, I'd be tempted if I wasn't on the other side of the world!
Who makes the Chip?
Perhaps I can find them in the U.K.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
I hooked my NGPC to my PC speakers (2 satelites and a Sub), and man you might not want to here what the stuff really sounds like. The small speaker muffels the harsh scrapes and scratches that actually make the punch/kick sounds. It just wasn't a pleasant experience.

Peace

JHendrix

snk-x

n00b
nope sorry metal i have no idea where else since my fiend does it over here, too bad you do live over in U.K. but it sounds hot. everyone that doesnt know about this is dying to do it, i can do it for people as i already posted on this site but i had no replies so i guess people arent interested