Did they make a r-type game for aes????

E

Evil_Awakened

I am just asking if they made a r-type for aes and if so where can you get it and how much.

MVS Matt

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Andro Dunos is the closest thing to R-Type on the Neo. Check the Price Guide for pricing, and you could always make a post in the Wanted forum to see if anyone has a copy they want to sell.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
MVS Matt:
Andro Dunos is the closest thing to R-Type on the Neo. Check the Price Guide for pricing, and you could always make a post in the Wanted forum to see if anyone has a copy they want to sell.
errr... NO.

Andro Dunos is very close in design to Konami's Gradius - it is NOTHING like R-Type.

I don't know what version of Andro Dunos you've been playing, it's as about as close to R-Type in style and execution as Super Sidekicks is to Championship Manager.

If you are after an R-type style game then you need Pulstar, which is almost a carbon copy of Irem's classic (it was also coded by the same programmers).

Last Resort and Blazing Star are also both along the same lines as R-Type, but not as close as Pulstar.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Pulstar is the most identical game to R-Type.

Last Resort have some similarities too. wink

Pulstar = (R-Type + (dose of hardass)) x (luxury cost)

I have one for sale, authentic JP. PM me for details if you are interested-

I'm in process of buying another car, and need to scrounge up some money. I hate to part with it but I have to.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Electroman:
Pulstar = (R-Type + (dose of hardass)) x (luxury cost)

I have one for sale, authentic JP. PM me for details if you are interested-

I'm in process of buying another car, and need to scrounge up some money. I hate to part with it but I have to.
Warning:
The guy who started this topic... Evil_awakened AKA R_Type_Leo_Man... is a scammer.

<small>[ May 27, 2003, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: VanillaThunder ]</small>

CHRiZ-77

Gal Ageise's Demon
Atrophyed:
Pulstar is the most identical game to R-Type.

Last Resort have some similarities too. wink
Agreed! wink

And don´t forget, both are great Games!

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Pulstar just basically is R-Type.....

With some elements of Pygnosis' classy Amiga game Menace..............which was like R-Type.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Baseley09:
Pulstar just basically is R-Type.....

With some elements of Pygnosis' classy Amiga game Menace..............which was like R-Type.
Funny you should mention that.

I just went back and played some of the original R-Type last night...the game is so similar to Pulstar it's scary. Stuff like patterns of enemies, weapons, etc. are just a little bit too coincidental.

abdul

Aero Fighters Flyboy
i always thought that pulstar was just a rip off of R-type for the neo