KOF R1: US Version?

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
I've got KOF R1 for NGP and the case is in English, while the manual and Cart are in Jap.... the game is in English, but thats a feature of the cart anyway.... However I wasn't aware of a US release for ANY NGP game was there a domestic release? .... or is this a case of " the idiot in the game shop sold me a Jap game in a USA Case????"

bugula

Member,
it wasn't released in the US as the b&w ngp wasn't released in the US.

you've got the asian version of the game. ngp/ngpc asian carts are english.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Ah, Fair enough thanks! Would that explain why my Manual and Cart are Jap? Or is that Another World's fault?

Nova

New Challenger
I bought R-1 directly from SNKUSA and they sent me one in complete english. Was it the Asian version?

Helly Original Colapunks

Quiz Detective
I believe there are English edition of most B/W games, which we're sold only throuh SNK-USA self. Never saw one myself, but hey have to exist.

Helly

bugula

Member,
All Asian clamshell games were released with english covers and manuals (as far as I can tell from what I've seen).

The black and white games were not sold to the US and UK markets as the system was not released in either of those regions. Since this is the case, no American releases were produced for the system. If you purchased your game from SNKUSA it would make sense that it's the Asian version as those and the Japanese releases were the only regions that received these titles.

I don't have my carts here at work, but I'll check the Asian clamshell backs at home as there are ways to tell where it came from (helpful to decide if you have an Asian or UK released NGPC game).

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: bugula ]

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Bugula is right on. I have both Asian and Japanese versions and he is correct as to the contents of both.