25" Monitor Chasis 3 Pin Molex AC Connection

Stuka1939

n00b
I just picked up a Wells Gardner Model 25K7401 for my 2-slot. I was checking out the chasis when I got it home and noticed that it has a 3-pin AC power molex (black, white and green) instead of the usual 2-pin black and white molex. Can I use this chasis with my 2-slot and if so how do I make the necessary connection? Is the green wire a ground and does not require an isolation unit. Damn, I hope I didn't get a non compatible monitor. :( Thanks for your help guys!

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
It is compatible. It doesn't require an ISO but I'd leave it in there. You'll just need to rig up the AC connection. There are plenty of ways to do this. It just depends on how fancy you want to get. Yes, the green is just an additional ground.

Stuka1939

n00b
Thanks. I am thinking about rigging a 2-pin molex to 3-pin molex with with just the white and black wire leading to the chasis 3-pin AC molex. I can just use the ground coming off the original power wiring that will screw into the chasis frame? Will that work? What are other options?

Last edited:

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
I saw you posted this at KLOV also. Their suggestions are good. The adapter is the best way to go. If you needed it working now you could just cut the connectors off and splice the wires together using wire caps. Obviously not the best way if you have time to spare.