Sealed NGPC games

bwi

20 Year Member
I keep seeing games saying "sealed as new". Well i find this strange in the UK as all the new games i have purchased have never been sealed.

Is this a US and jap thing with the cardboard boxes. If someone in the UK has bought a sealed Uk game , shout up.

Bri

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Only applies to the cardboard box versions, as far as I know. I purchased some of the early U.S. clamshell cased games, and they were not sealed either.

Ya I noticed that too. What I usually see happening is that the company shrinkwraps the clamshell case and then calls it "sealed as new".

bugula

Member,
The UKers have it nice when it comes to selling their games as they were not sold shrink wrapped. As mentioned above the few hard case titles sold in the US also were not shrinkwrapped.

I guess the latch was considered security enough from theft (yeah right).

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
I've got games from all regions and none were "sealed"! All the U.K releases were shipped unwrapped, without exception.
People just like to build their product, they probobly got their local EB to shrink wrap them.

bugula

Member,
Originally posted by Metal Slug:
[QB]I've got games from all regions and none were "sealed"! All the U.K releases were shipped unwrapped, without exception.[QB]

Considering that he UK games were never wrapped to begin with, it'd be strange if they arrived to you wrapped. The only region that I've seen have shrinkwrapped games is the US.