MV-U4 25' Speaker Replacement Options ?

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
I have been doing some looking around for a replacement speaker for a blown right channel speaker. I believe I need a 3x5 shielded speaker but I haven't been able to find a good source so far. Does anyone either know of a source for these speakers or have any recommendations on an alternate to use without having to take out the marquee lamp ? Thanks in advance.

Black IcE

15 Year Member
Well after some more searching, I found a website that has some speakers that look like they will work. If anyone is interested, here is where I ordered my replacement speakers from. The speakers were only $1.50 a piece so I ordered four just to have a spare or two on hand. Shipping was $10. Anyhow, hope this will help someone out.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=299-286

man9child

Rugal's Thug
Cool. The speakers in my E2 were blown and I was thinking of replacing them, so thanks for the link.

SSS

neo retired
Well after some more searching, I found a website that has some speakers that look like they will work. If anyone is interested, here is where I ordered my replacement speakers from. The speakers were only $1.50 a piece so I ordered four just to have a spare or two on hand. Shipping was $10. Anyhow, hope this will help someone out.

Awesome! I have a blown speaker in a Neo 25 that needs replacing. Been looking off an on for a replacement. I'll probably order a handful.

Black IcE

15 Year Member
From the buyer reviews I read on the site, they supposedly have pretty good sound. I will report in a few days when I get them.

CheapNeoGeo

Kula's Can,

I have ordered from Parts-Express many times and they are a good place to buy from. I saw those speakers on their web site a while back, but have never ordered any to play around with. Let us know how they do.

Black IcE

15 Year Member
Follow up post: I finally got around to putting them into the cab and the screw holes matched up great. The only problem I had is that the shielding on the back of the speakers was about an inch taller then the OEM speakers. I had to remove the four screws holding down the fluorescent light fixture so I could flip the fixture 180 degrees. After doing so, I was able to install the speakers and still have the fluorescent light behind the marquee. The sounding quality is good overall, although I wish I could get a little more bass out of them. I would say that these are good replacement speakers for a cab needing 3 x 5 speakers. I bought 2 extra in case one gets blown out again.