Metal Slug 1st Mission question

Hey guys, I'm new to this board and a major NGPC fan. My first question for all of you is this:
how do you get a perfect 23/23 ranking in Metal Slug 1st Mission? I have a 22/23 ranking so far, but i'll be damned if I can get that last point. Supposedly you have to pick up the gold shields to increase your rank, but after I get 22/23 that doesn't seem to work anymore. If anyone has achieved this, how did you do it, and can you help me? Need the complete ranking so I can unlock the final boss as a playable character after beating the game in very hard mode. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Serafin

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Wow thats defenetly a nice rank, personally don't got 23/23, dunno what rank I have. But I think you must free prisoners?? I can't really remember haven't played the game in a long time. Meaby spill less ammo, try to kill as much enemies and get more points??

Cho

Nope, that doesn't seem to work. I;ve pretty much freed all the prisoners, not wasted as much ammo, picked up the medals, and still nothing. Anyone else out there can help me,PLEASE? I can't truly call this game beat until I unlock the final boss (I'm a completist, what can I say?) HELP!!!!

Serafin

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Serafin Pabon:
<STRONG>Nope, that doesn't seem to work. I;ve pretty much freed all the prisoners, not wasted as much ammo, picked up the medals, and still nothing. Anyone else out there can help me,PLEASE? I can't truly call this game beat until I unlock the final boss (I'm a completist, what can I say?) HELP!!!!

Serafin</STRONG>

Pretty much freed all the prisoners? Maybe you need to free them all.

dammit, this ain't helping matters....let me rephrase the question....if any of you out there who played Metal Slug 1st mission managed to unlock the final boss as a playable, how did you do it? It states that you have to beat the game on very hard mode and watch the credits roll. True? how did you guys do it?

Serafin

ldalope

New Challenger
i don't know how to release the final boss... but here's a suggestion:

play the game on very hard, but try to use close combat kills on everything... (you can save even more ammo that way)

Poor Man's MS Fan

Armored Scrum Object
I've also tried endlessly to acheive the top rank...to no avail! MY method included getting every hidden item...

stephen bright

New Challenger
You have to get every secret points possible, by shooting the air in certain area's you will get points. Also rank up medals help... golly it states this in the manual.

stephen bright

New Challenger
I know it's difficult... i have not tried to achieve this yet, "good luck"
It would help if one of us did a faq for the game, i have started a huge faq for slug 2 second mission... but will it ever be complete!!!
By the way i was the first person to write a faq for last blade 2 for the neo pocket... english faq anyway.In this game you can do all four of the speed rush combo's that appeared in the neo geo original version, "LSD's" faq which was mine to start with did not list these moves & he took out all the moves i listed, my faq was very complete in the moves department.

Nova

New Challenger
No one has gotten the last boss as a character because he is not playable. It was rumor made up a loooong time ago.