What I need to setup sega naomi

Mosque

Super Sidekicks 2
Hello people! I have a blast city, with an 001 loom and the naomi system with gd rom and capcom io board. I have heard that it can get damaged if I don't have a sega power supply. Is this true? If so, does anyone have one to sell me. I don't want to hook it up cuz im worried and I just got this Capcom IO yesterday because I had that IO error. Thanks for the help!

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
yes its true - if you are running the gdrom and try to power it all using the Blast City you will do some damage for sure

I recommend you pickup a sun power supply made for the Naomi - once you have that you are set.

something like this is perfect - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Naomi-...ltDomain_0&hash=item231d3b9de4#ht_1407wt_1270

*If* you dont hook in your gdrom, you can get away with powering the Naomi board via Jamma through the Capcom I/O

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
That's the mains AC power input for the power supply. you should really hook that up after the line filter, but it will work off of standard AC.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
i just hacked mine to run off standard AC. it works great without any issues

Mosque

Super Sidekicks 2
thanks guys. I just posted a WTB on a Sega naomi power supply. If not I'll get one on eBay.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
If anybody can find another Sun Power Supply 400-5397 for that price I'd buy that all day long. Why am I not seeing these in the $40-$60 range when they pop up anymore?? Probably because I actually have a need for one now...