Jap vs UK/US NGPC

Savage Entertainer

Quiz Detective
I understand that the more recent Jap NGPC is a fair bit smaller than the UK/US alternative. It also has chrome action buttons rather than the plastic ones. Does anyone know whether these are the only difference's or are there likely to be subtle changes to the internal lay out too?
Any ideas?

Savage Entertainer

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
The new slimline JP version was supposed to be able to display more colours, But as usual it was another lie from SNK. Its no better, only smaller!

Metal Slug RULES!!!
Yeah!

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I actually prefer the "bigger, clunkier" U.S. and UK versions, as they are easier to grip, fit my hands better, and seem a bit sturdier in general.

-BioMotor_Unitron

proffesser

Converted to lurking., ,
I own both Units,and prefer the Jap, alot better put together,with more attention to detail as you would expect from the land of the rising sun, as mentioned chrome buttons,slimmer can fit in your jeans pocket,Truly portable and pocket!!!

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
The newest Japanese NGPC is called the New Neo Geo Pocket Color. It is supposed to be slimmer than than the previous NGPC - more along the lines of the size of the original monochrome NGP system.

If you prefer one of the NNGPC colors over the NGPC, than get one if they're the same price. If the NNGPC is significantly more expensive than the NGPC, I wouldn't bother.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I prefer my NGP over my NGPC when it comes to design but the NGPC is handier for gameplayand if the NNGPC is like the NGP I would buy the NGPC