Telegames UK

proffesser

Converted to lurking., ,
Metal Slug,Nice to see I'm not the only one (apart from a good mate )that absolutely LOATHES going into Telegames,I live literally half a mile down the road,and by the time I've agreed a price on the phone for a game etc...and walk down to the shop,the arrogant F*$*KER (the older guy with the moustache)tells me that the price was not correct and put 20-30% on it.This happens almost every time i've delt with them,having said that they have got one of the best collection of games and accessories i,ve ever seen,it's a pity there customer service is not as high as there prices!!
How does this rate with Telegames in the US?

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Yeah, it's true. They have a stock room to die for! It's just a pity that they are so money grabbing and rude. Most people who run shops or companies selling this sort of stuff are enthusiasts themselves, so even if there prices are a little high, they normally make up for it somewhat by being like minded folk, that are as enthusiastic aboout retro/import etc as you are! I guess we should be thankful that it is only a minority that have a "Sky high prices, Pay up and Fu*k off" policy! I have not dealt with Telegames USA, but I have seen posts on other boards about them, and none were bad. But so saying I think US companies take customer service very seriously for the most part.

Long live Metal Slug!
Come get some!!

Savage Entertainer

Quiz Detective
Yeah, the Prof's absolutely right, Telegames really don't give a f**k about their customers, but where else could you pick up a brand new UK copy of Last Blade?

D

DigiPunk

I picked up Raiden for the Lynx not long ago from Telegames US.

They weren't complete assholes at all.. Just their prices, as always, were.

------------------

Respect your Elders - Play 2D.

I got my Last Blade and Faselei games from them. They were OK to deal with, but I probably wont do it again.

zz99

got a Saturn 4 in 1 convertor from them a while back, had no problems with them at all. Like you all say it's the prices that are shocking, I mean they're asking £80 for an original Neo Geo home controller - huh ! And as for the prices of their home carts, I almost pissed meself laughing
frown.gif

ScoobyDoo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Saturn 4 in 1 converter? Does that allow you to play import games and have additional RAM on board for the SNK conversions?

The 4 in 1 lets you play imports and games that require more ram. However they don't let you play the SNK games that have the specific RAM carts.

Savage Entertainer

Quiz Detective
Yeah it's me Mr.L, I thought it would be nice to share our views of Telegames (ie pricey but good, with a poor attitude)with
the rest of the Neo community.

Savage Entertainer

"Victory Is Mine!"

zz99

Yeah the 4 in 1 lets you play imports and games that use extra memory. The only SNK game that springs to mind which won't work is one of the King of Fighters (possibly '95) this uses a ROM cart not RAM.

Robi15

20 Year Member
Most of the games they have listed is not in stock! And they have hokus-pokus-idiot pricers on everything.. They suck.
www.telegames.co.uk

------------------
NEOBIOS.gif

MVS all the way!

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
I got Evolution from them, didn't had any problems either. They have high prices, but they have almost everything there is of old systems/games I think...

Cho

------------------
''Do as you like, it is not my job to kill you''

dcgeezeruk

n00b
I have brought stuff of them before, Really expencive and didn't sound intrested on the phone at all. I will only deal with them if i am desprate.

bwi

20 Year Member
I ordered a NGCD powersupply off them for £34.99 , it never arrived so i assumed that it was out of stock. Lo and behold they still charged my credit card. I phoned them back and asked what was going on. "ermm it must have got lost in the post". "well i want a refund on my credit card" "we will when the post office stumps up the insurance". Three days later the psu turns up
frown.gif

I only order from them when i am desperate ( iwas at this point actually)

Bri