MVS -- Boot or No boot ?

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Hey guys,

I recently bought an MVS single slot board, but for the life of me I cannot identify it. The black casing just barely covers the board, so it sort of seems like the MV-1B, but the components seem to be in the wrong spots for this one. Like the volume control knob in the front.

Doesn't appear to have any repair work done on it (all of the solder points look to be machine made). Also, seems like all of the chips are socket based, so that kind of knocks the MV-1B out.

Can anyone help me identify it? I take it as far as the battery mod, removing the little baby 470ohm resistor is what I need to do if I want to add a coin cell battery as well, correct? Such a small little battery, and I don't want acid damage on the board :)

MV_OneSlot_PCB.jpg

TIA everyone :) (I did look around to see if I could find identification as to the type of board, but I failed.. and it didnt match up to any on www.hardmvs.com that I could tell).

I know busted has voted boot, and I am inclined to agree, but how common are MVS Systems as far as being bootleg? Seems like a lot of work for very little return from number of chips and parts.

forgive the giant image

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i have never seen such a thing. lets see what the flyin' hawaiian has to say.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
the big bummer with the thing, the main reason I got it is because i can use it with a 138-in-1 I picked up, but it errors on it all the time, so really it will only be good to check out single legit cartridges :( Oh well.

cdamm, I had never heard about bootleg systems either, but since busted showed me it was a boot I figured I would post it here to let others know "they are out there" (in my best Mulder voice)