Tips on beating Final Boss Gaoh on SSV?

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Been playing this game recently.

Trying to 1CC with all the fighters but this boss is ridiculous. Have only done it with Bust Sogetsu so far, because I kept jumping in the corner and air fireballing until time ran out.

Is there anything at all that I can do when he has transformed? I literally spent an entire round, from start to finish, from 100% health to death, doing nothing but blocking his horn charge. He did not lose his super gauge, I just died from 100% block damage from his continuous charges.

I know I can win the 1st round, because his super gauge does not work then. But then as soon as he gets it, I have no choice but to willingly let him connect with his horn charge, otherwise he never loses the form.

And I have not been able to hit him at all while he is transformed. Charlotte's SUPER connected and she did her entire series of slashes while Gaoh was sliding around me and as soon as she finished her movements she was instantly thrown without even being close to Gaoh. This has happened with several moves, like Genjuro's Stabbing. While humorous to look at, it is infinitely frustrating.

I have also tried the stupid D commands but the Prone doesn't do it, and the scenario needed to do a forward D hop through his charge is incredibly rare. I either end up thrown, or block his charge and then hop into his face.

So yeah.

Any general tips on Gaoh, and/or specific tips for some fighters?

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I REMEMBER THIS GUY...
being seemingly impossible, but (from memory, as I haven't played this for some time) don't you just repeated leap over his charges until he 'runs out'? I seem to remember doing something similar in desperation once (like shooting doors in third person titles when your hopelessly stuck) and to my surprise, it actually worked.

Try something similar.

Also, if what your saying is true (i.e. connection needed for him to charge out), just try and block the first attack and then avoid the rest. Easier said than done, probably, but if your at wits end, anything is always worth a shot ;)

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
I REMEMBER THIS GUY...
being seemingly impossible, but (from memory, as I haven't played this for some time) don't you just repeated leap over his charges until he 'runs out'? I seem to remember doing something similar in desperation once (like shooting doors in third person titles when your hopelessly stuck) and to my surprise, it actually worked.

I think that could be the case with a very few amount of fighters in the game. In SS, everyone jumps differently, and I have tried simply jumping over him with some of them, but the hit detection for his charge is his entire body, meaning if I touch any part of him while in the charge, it connects.

Also, if what your saying is true (i.e. connection needed for him to charge out), just try and block the first attack and then avoid the rest. Easier said than done, probably, but if your at wits end, anything is always worth a shot ;)

Oh no, the problem is that he will not lose his transformation unless he connects with at least 2 charges. Blocking his charge does nothing, I simply take a lot of block damage.

I think I can definitely rule out at least half of the fighters in the game for jumping over his charges because of the jumping arc styles.

Marek

Banned
I think that could be the case with a very few amount of fighters in the game. In SS, everyone jumps differently, and I have tried simply jumping over him with some of them, but the hit detection for his charge is his entire body, meaning if I touch any part of him while in the charge, it connects.

Oh no, the problem is that he will not lose his transformation unless he connects with at least 2 charges. Blocking his charge does nothing, I simply take a lot of block damage.

I think I can definitely rule out at least half of the fighters in the game for jumping over his charges because of the jumping arc styles.

I LOVE YOU ANDY