Learning from SNK's Mistakes!

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Played the GBA yesterday! OOOOOOOOOOOH! HHHHMMMMMMMMMMM! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
Well, what else is there to say? it's more NGPC than NGPC was! Brilliant, I was playing Castlevania. Shit hot, you know your gonna want it. The mighty N's R&D team must have had a few NEO's to bits to come up with such a "revolutionary" design. Imagine your NGPC gets itself down the gym and goes on a diet, then has breast implants like Britney and starts banging up Steroids! It's a smaller, lighter Neo, with a bigger screen. AND I MEAN BIGGER! Must be almost Nomad size! The only thing your going to miss is the Neo's joystick. It's so small, that an old B&W gameboy game sticks out half way!!!! So, What games do we all want ported first? Sega have confirmed a port of the NGPC version of SONIC havent they? Capcom have done a Rockman/Megaman. I want Metal Slug 3, SNK V CAPCOM & Last Blade.

Metal Slug RULES!
Hungry? EAT THIS!

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
The GBA cant do as good grfx as Neo Geo, oh and the GBA Sonic is an all new one not a port of the NGPC one.

I wanna see Phantasy Star ported to GBA. Preferably with a few more hints, and an automap feuture for thos dungeons. Of course improved graphics too. Damn I want it so bad Im tempted to go to college, learn to program and do it myself.

------------------
mendo21.gif

-Shuuchan

I beg to differ I don't think that the NGPC can handle the graphics or resolution the Gameboy Advance can.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
naw ..
the GBA is
... well advanced
but the NGP can handle
plenty of games including
castlevania

------------------
animKasumiFromShiHao.gif

.................COME BACK WHEN YOU GROW UP!!!!!

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by samuraiX:
I beg to differ I don't think that the NGPC can handle the graphics or resolution the Gameboy Advance can.

Oh no the GBA can beat NGPC in every way graphically, I just meant it wasnt as good as the Neo Geo home system graphically.

------------------
mendo21.gif

-Shuuchan

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Oh Please! Loyalty is one thing, but look at the evidence!
Game Boy Advance Spec Sheet

LCD Reflection (non-backlit) TFT Color liquid crystal
Screen size 40.8mm x 61.2mm
Resolution 240x160 pixels
Display ability 32,000 colors
CPU 16mhz 32bit RISC-CPU + 8bit CISC-CPU
Memory 32KB WRAM+96KB VRAM 256KB WRAM (with built-in CPU)(outside of CPU)
Sound Speaker (mono) /Headphone (stereo)
Link Play Up to four players (GBA), up to two players (GB/GBC).
Battery Life AA batteries: 15 hours
Size 82mm length x 144.5mm width x 24.5mm thick
Weight About 140g
Cartridge 34.5mm x 60mm x 9.5mm
Maximum 256 Megabit (32 megabyte)

There isn't a handheld that can hold a candle to that!
But no Rock n Roll Racing, or Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. YET!

Metal Slug Rules!
Groovy!

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
Is that directed at me? The GBA beats all other portables, I said it wasnt as good as the Neo Geo HOME system.

specs:color GBA=512on screen(Ites only 32000 in a low res mode)

Neo Geo=4,096

res Gba=240x160
Neo=320x224

and AES has bigger cart.

The GBA beats NGPC in in every way, colors, resolution pretty much everything.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
No Shuuchan, as I said "There isn't a Handheld that can hold a candle to it" You must be expecting great things from it if you are comparing it to your AES?
I will buy one, but I doubt I'll love it like my Nomad! Mostly because the screen isnt backlit. Thats my only problem with GBA & NGPC.

Metal Slug Rules!
Hungry?

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
Oh ok. I was afriad ppl were misinterpreting my remarks to mean the NGPC was better than GBA. GBA does look sweet and finally dethrones Nomad from best graphics in a portable. 6 years aint bad though for Nomads credit. Oh how is the blur on the Nomad screen? Is it noticeable? Its not as bad as Game Gear right?

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
SHUUCHAN, The motion blurring on the Nomad screen is worse on some games than others, for example Biohazard battle looks great, while on Ranger X the blur is annoying. The screen on the Nomad is still good enough to play games like Phantasy Star & Wonder Boy, and still be able to read the text. I suppose what annoys me is the slight bleeding around the edge on both the Nomads and the Game Gear's Screen. But overall the Nomad is very nice indeed! It took me 18 months of serious searching to find a nice one at a reasonable price in the U.K. I suppose it's "Swings and Roundabouts" with whatever system you like really. The Nomad is great in a darkened room, but not so hot in strong daylight, the NGPC is the other way round. Which is lucky really, cos you would need a bloody long mains cable to play your Nomad outside, or a bag load of battery's.
Cheers Dude!

Metal Slug Rocks!
Groovy!

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Metal Slug:
I want Metal Slug 3, SNK V CAPCOM & Last Blade.

Metal Slug RULES!
Hungry? EAT THIS!

Those are cool games for the GBA, atleast I want to see a King of Fighters and meaby a new Samurai Shodown. Would be coool.

Cho

------------------
12.gif

''Do as you like, it is not my job to kill you''

http://members.nbci.com/Chohan_0/home.htm

New Layout! New Reviews! Updates dayly!

cox_xoc

Mr. Big's Thug
I don't know if i will buy a GBA or not. I have plenty of fun with my NGPC but i am not seeing many new games in the future. My younger brother is getting one when they are released in the US. I will probably mess around with that one and play a few games before i decide to buy one. Geesh gaming is starting to become quite the expensive habit.

------------------
svcm_ioristance.gif

MVS is eternal...but I love my Pocket.