Territory releases...?

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Okay, from what I understand the world was broken up into four different 'territories' for each NGPC game. Correct me if I'm wrong but each that was released worldwide had a Japanese version, a European version, an Asian version, and a US version.

Is that true? If so which version of a given NGPC game is worth the most/the rarest?

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Mostly, the jap/asian market is still supported, so no shortage of games= no rarity value. Apart from the jap' only games like Rockman and Ganbare, which will get a good price in the E.U and U.S regions. Most collectors are in the E.U and U.S regions, and most of them are trying to collect the E.U version English language, Hardcased versions of games. The rarest of these are the ones which were not released in the U.S, as demand for these was so high shortly after hthe SNK pullout, that a lot were exported from Europe to the U.S. These include Last Blade, Faselei, Evolution, Cotton, Picture Puzzle, Dynamite Slugger, Cool Boarders, Pocket Reversi. The exception to these rules are the very common games that are so f**king amazing, that even though they sold by the truck load, Every one wants them! An example would be SONIC sold 120,000 copies in the U.S alone, but still comands a good price, or Match of the Millenium! The opposite of this would be a game like Shanghai Pocket, which suffered tiny sales, and so is rare, but isn't really worth any more than any other average title.
If you are looking for games, be patient as interest is waning, and prices are falling. Pick one or two up here and there, because eventually the prices will really start to rise!

Metal Slug Rules!
You Know Who The King IS!

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Also Metal Slug 2 US is now higher then it used to be. 2nd hand it is between $40-$50. Also I saw Rockman Battle and Fighters (Jap) go away for $50. All the titles Metal Slug named go away for higher prices. Evolution/Faselei around $80. The rarest? It must be Faselei...

Cho

------------------
12.gif

''Do as you like, it is not my job to kill you''

http://members.nbci.com/Chohan_0/home.htm

New Layout! New Reviews! Updates dayly!

S

Silent_Scope

damn.....I used to see two new copies of Faselei in my local videogame shop and I didnt' get them (I thought I might not like the game).........:<

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Hey Chohan,
Like the web site! gonna add to it?
Did you say you sold your NGPC games?
Full Marks Dude!

Metal Slug Rules!
Everyone Knows!

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
Hey Silent, you better add that one to the Biggest mistake you've ever made list. I pass up games all the time. It's either because I don't have the time and/or money. Not to make you feel bad or anything, but Faselei is the shit! The opening song was too hyped up though.

------------------
garou_donghwanstand.gif

"Can you match my gaming enthusiasm?"

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
personally, I thought Faselei was fairly decent, but not that great. As for the sound, I agree. It's sounds like melted Midi sound. Still, it is somewhat of an accomplishment as a portable game.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Thanks for all the info Metal Slug ^_^. There's this dealer that opened up recently in my area who seems to know next to nothing about SNK related goods (he doesn't even like SNK at all, what a dumbf***
biggrin.gif
). Anyways, he was talking about how he does have some unopened original Neo cart games for $40 each and can get me NGPC stuff if I want as well. I wasn't really too big on collecting games, preferring to just play them, but as long as this guy doesn't care about unloading his Neo/NGP stuff for $40 and less I might as well take the plunge eh? I might try buying up games I already own and then unloading them at to this other collector I know or selling them off on eBay :evil:.