Has anyone experience with Pocket Linker 32M?

abend

n00b
I want to buy this little gadget - Has anyone experience with it - How simple is it to transfere games from the HD to the card? - Will it work for all games?. Are there other memory cards that can be used?. Please let me know.

cox_xoc

Mr. Big's Thug
I am also planning on buying one, because i at the current time don't have enough income to buy the rare games for the pocket while also buying MVS stuff. I haven't used is yet, but this link is a review for it. http://www.consolereviews.net/reviews/ngr_linker.shtml When you get one, post a thread telling if it works well please.

------------------
svcm_ioristance.gif

MVS is eternal...but I love my Pocket.

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
I have 1 (Actually I have 3 of them, got some for a couple other people).

It is a nice little unit. It was a little challenging to find a power supply for it (took like 30 minutes at Radio Shack) but the unit itself also runs off of batteries. I have not played with its save features much though. I got it basically to try out some games, and then bought them. I also figured some groups would translate games and this would be the only way to play them.

Two thumbs up!
smile.gif

------------------
Keith

mmlink.gif

cox_xoc

Mr. Big's Thug
yes, you download the rom off the internet and write it to a re-writable cartridge then play just as you would a normal game.

------------------
kof97_ryujinyamazakilaff.gif

MVS is eternal...but I love my Pocket.

runderwo

n00b
Saving does not always work properly, depending on how the game implements it. In my experience, only about half of games save properly. The saving problem can also cause other strange game problems such as total hangs or long pauses, or error messages. As mentioned by others (and regardless of moral issues), the unit is best suited for development, or for try-before-you-buy, not as a flat-out piracy unit.

neoluva2001

Quiz Detective
oh, how cool,I didnt really understand this item,now I understand.....I think I mite get one.pocket games are expensive new and I hate buying games without trying.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
In theory all the carts are re-writable. That was the fate of the E.U & U.S ones returned to japan after the pullout. Has anyone tried re-writing an original game? Cos the commercial re-write carts are as expensive as the writer. Not that I have one, this is just curiosity, I'm not a commercial pirate or anything!

Hungry?..........EAT THIS!