MOTM Olympic mode

sonofx51

If you're even THINKING about TRADING with this us
Did you know that crystal isn't the highest ranking. I remember reading a post about someone asking if you have to get all crystal rankings in order to unlock special characters. If you have crystal rankings and go through the same event again and get a score pretty close (doesn't have to be better) to your best you'll get Master ranking. Maybe this way it'll unlock the special characters. I've only been able to get Master on 3 events so I wouldn't know if it unlocks anything. Later.

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
I think you earn the special characters on the most difficult level and play the game out with different characters, I got them all now Evil Iori and Evil Ryu, I played that way.. Meaby Olympic helps too, dunno.

Cho

kyo3.jpg

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
You just have to go and beat the tournament mode over and over again until you unlock all the hidden characters. I heard that there's a special intro/movie that can be unlocked. I have master in a couple olympic events and have unlocked all the special moves, but still there's no movie!

------------------
garou_donghwanstand.gif

"Can you match my gaming enthusiasm?"

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Are you referring to the cut scenes and endings? It's been a while, but you can get that by pressing and holding option when you turn the game on, and you will eventually go into an option where you can view all the animations. I had gotten all the chr, and all crystal medals except two. Which means that you probably need to have only all the chrs unlocked to use this option, I think.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
Thanks Master Terry Bogard. Good to hear from you again! I'll try out the option trick this afternoon.

------------------
garou_donghwanstand.gif

"Can you match my gaming enthusiasm?"

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
crystal?!??! i thought the highest medal was Platinum... *grumble*

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NeoGML:
crystal?!??! i thought the highest medal was Platinum... *grumble*

Nope... sorry! I thought the same exact way, until one day when I was playing the Catwalk to build up points to get more secret moves, and "accidently" got a crystal rating. Before that, I thought that Platinum was the top and all I had to do was to get one in Survivor mode in order to be completely done with the Olympic Mode. Now, I'm working my butt off to try and get all Crystal medals to see if Rimururu and Karin become selectable. I don't think it's possible, but I can't help but think that they have to be in the game somewhere as fightable characters.
biggrin.gif

I've managed to get crystal ratings in the Catwalk, Blade Arts, Time Attack and First Strike categories. I'm trying to do Target 9 now, which seems to be the hardest one of all. After 3 weeks of steady play on it, I still can't get past Platinum... my guess is that you'll need to have at least 90% accuracy in order to pass this one with a crystal.