NGPC Prices go up and up

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Hey,

I saw a few days ago Faselei for $80 now it had gone up to $162! A few more years and the NGPC games are as expensive as the Neo Cardridge.. if it goes like this.

Cho

kyo3.jpg

No kidding,
I know a lot of people who want a few more games for their pocket systems but all the good ones (aka hard to find ones) keep rising in price. Should you take a "wait and see" approach or should you buy the games now before they go up even more?

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
Cart prices may continue to go up for a little while more, and games like Faselei that the collectors want to get ahold of will probably hold a high value for a while to come. However, I'm guessing that overall, prices will come down pretty soon.

Especially towards the end of its life outside Japan, a lot of more casual gamers bought the system. Well, many of them have probably sold their games already, but there are probably plenty of people who have still yet to sell their games for their "dead" system. When that happens, you can probably find their games on eBay pretty cheap.

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Those cheap games would be nice
smile.gif
Any chance of Motm going like $100? Hope they don't hit the prices of cardridge system!

Cho

kyo3.jpg

I think that there are a few games that will probably hold a fairly high price for quite some time, like Metal Slug 2, Faselei (UK), Last Blade (UK), Evolution (UK). Anyone else have any ideas about which games are the hardest to find on the pocket system???

S

Silent_Scope

I don't think price of NGPC game will go down soon. Don't know why but I have that feeling now.
I try to sell my NGPC games but now I'll hold them tight
smile.gif

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

My dream girl....where are you?

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Well, I recently sold my Evolution UK good condition to a dutch fellow for only $40... Kindoff crazy now I mention it. But I won't sell it on ebay, think it gives to much trouble. Atleast there is one lucky NGPC man out there now (:

Cho

kyo3.jpg

Tokyo Drifter

Rugal's Thug
I don't know. With the arrival of Gameboy Advance, the NGPC's value may not hold out too long.It's a tough call. If you're in for collecting, then NGPC is still going to matter.

For me, I've played Faselei and it's really not that good. The fighting games are def the best handhelds fighters ever, but the GBA is after all a 16 bit system with expanded audio capabilities so a company like Capcom could easily port SNES level fighters to it.

I will still always love my NGPC. Plus I doubt anyone will be able to top the Metal slug games on the Pocket.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Speking about UK version. Though Evolution is the scarcest in term of production, the most expensive NGP pocket is Faselei!

It was 10,000 for Faselei! vs 2,000 for Evolution? Damn, forgot the numbers.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
I'm really glad I hopped on the NGPC bandwagon as early as I did. Granted I was pissed as hell when I came back from Egypt this summer, and heard that the system was discontinued and stripped from the shelves. To tell you the truth, I was so close to selling my "little system that could" along with my 5 games (MotM, MS 2, Sonic, Biomotor, and Samsho 2). But I really could never let go of my MotM - that little gem was the deciding factor. I've never played a more complete fighter. Thanks to that game, my collection has now grown to a modest 15 - woohooo. I'm really proud of my Faselei, and Evolution (UK versions). I'll never get rid of them, never!
biggrin.gif
I don't care what people say, Faselei is a must have, and it is all that! Now if only NCSX would get their shipment in of the Cotton, and Last Blade UK versions. Those, and maybe a King of Fighters R-3, would make my collection complete, muwahahaahaha.

Hey, Silent_Scope, I dig that chick
smile.gif

------------------
garou_donghwanstand.gif

"Can you match my gaming enthusiasm?"

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
i need to
get the UK last blade
but its getting really
hard to find