what do you use to wipe your screen with?

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
You have to be really careful about what you do this with! Because you need an exterior light source for screen illumination, It'll pick out any little imperfections on your screen. The best thing to use is a record (LP) cleaning cloth, because they tend to be very soft and lint free. However, here's a good tip get few free AOL or some other free CD's to practice on and try out a few cloths! Use an Isopropol alcohol based cleaner, ie something that will lift dirt/ dust etc with out the need for heavy rubbing, and one that evaporates quickly with no residue. Get some finger prints on the CD and see what damage your new cloth does to the surface. Dont forget the CD is only slightly softer than your NGPC's screen so if you mark one, you'll mark the other. Experiment with combinations until you find one that is suitable. NEVER RUB THE SCREEN, WIPE IT GENTLY, keep the cloth in a sealed "jiffy" bag when not in use (The cloth will attract dust and grit which will scratch your screen!) Hope that helps?

S

Silent_Scope

T-shirt......
my screen is still as clear as a mirror.
No scratch, no nothing.

G

gokusama26

When I went to Otakon, in Baltimore, the Sheraton had these really nice shoe polishing mitts in the bathrooms. They were complimentary, so I took it. It is the same material inside and out, and it will take any and all fingerprint/oils off the screen with NO lint, and NO scratches. In fact, I keep my NGPC in it. I bet someplace like Payless Shoe source or Shoe Carnival has something similar. Try them out on a CD.

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
I'm as picky as a gamer gets. And like Silent-Scope, I just use my t-shirt! Actually anything that is 100% cotton. It works just fine, and I haven't noticed any scratches. I put the pocket up to the light at various angles for minutes at a time, and trust me there are no scratches.

------------------
garou_donghwanstand.gif

"Can you match my gaming enthusiasm?"

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Well, any1 have glases? With what do you clean your glases... those little bit wet papers.. I don't got glases, but I clean my NGPC with it since I had mine. And my screen has not a single scratch and its clean too.

Cho

Robert

20 Year Member
Try to find the things that people use to clean their glasses. It's perfct.

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Go to any Graphic Arts store. They sell a roll of cloth commonly called "cheese" cloth.
This is desined for cleaning light frames, film, camera lenses, etc. You'll find this stuff is great for cleaning any glass safely.

------------------
-nick_th_fury

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
I hear NGF uses KY Jelly, and a wad of pubes from Dions butt brush.

Now really was ^^^ That called for... um ...

think so...

I mean after all, if you cant beat em...
join em.

S

Silent_Scope

I used compressed air 5 min ago..........not bad. It's better than T-shirt LOL
biggrin.gif

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

My dream girl....where are you?

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
Well...my Tshirt also. Not a scratch yet so guess its safe.
-Shuuchan