Metal Slug 2 or 1: Which one is better?

plefkow

n00b
I am looking to buy my first NGP. I wanted to get feedback on Metal Slug 2 or 1: Which one is better?

I have seen Metal Slug 1 before, but never Metal Slug Two. Anyone comment on Metal Slug Two?

Regards Tracy

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
I think Metal Slug 2, there are more colorised backgrounds and new weopons (submarine,shotgun) Also voice when you pick up weopons. And more extra stuff like freeing hostages list is 100 hostages I think. Nicer graphics too. Visit this page for metal slug 2: http://www.neogeo.co.jp/metal_slug_en/2nd_mission/2_m_index.html

Cho

kyo3.jpg

S

Silent_Scope

Two is always better than one.
X is definitely better than 2 and 1 (PS version :P)
3 is the best....(only for AES/MVS)

I would go with two, however, it doesn't really matter because both games are great and highly recommended.

G

G

MS:2 has more replay value than MS for NGPC in my opinion

------------------
G.jpg

-G-

endgamer

Another Striker
It usually gets better. Supposed to anyway. 2 is expanded on and improved. But 1 still rocks, after all we are talking portable Metal Slug. My FAVORITE blast-a-thon series in the whole FRIGGIN world.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
2s cool
theres alot of
different levels with
different vehicles
like subs rocketpacks fighter jets
and of course
metal slug!

CHILD

n00b
Get both if you can. You won't be disappointed. Both great satisfying games.

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
2 all the way! If you go back and play 1, you'll hear yourself say "What the hell is this?" Just kidding, 1 is still good. But like MTB said, you'll definitely get your money's worth! The backgrounds are awesome, especially in the last stage. Plus you get voice - LOL p-i-n-e-A-P-P-L-E!

------------------
garou_donghwanstand.gif

"Can you match my gaming enthusiasm?"

S

Silent_Scope

Still can't beat the last stage in MS 2.....
run out of continues.....:<

G

G

you DO know you can get extra health and machine gun and pineapple in the last stage...all you have to do is jump whan he does the blade thing and dodge the arm.......and try to get outta of the rockets and the light ball things and just keep shooting at that stupid cone, and you'll win.
the first 3 bosses are easy and you shouldn't have a problem with them, i beat the last boss with no continues left from the beginning of the level

------------------
g.jpg

-G-