Quick SNK vs. Capcom Question...

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Are Rimururu and Karin playable?
If so, is the only way you can release them is to get "crystal" ratings in each side's "Olympic List"?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
VinylBoy:

I don't think they're selectable. I've got nearly every issue of Neo Geo Freak (I missed the first four and the sixth issues), and when they were covering MOTM over the course of three or four issues, the move lists didn't have anything on Rimeruru or Karin. They had rundowns on the secret characters in the second half of the coverage issues(Geese, Evil Ryu, et. al.) and it seemed like a comprehensive list when all was said and done. I don't think they would have left Karin and Rimeruru out of it. Furthermore, the empty squares on the character select screen all fill up as you unlock the secret fighters. After Orochi Iori and Evil Ryu the squares are all taken up and subsequent completions of the game don't give you any other characters hidden beneath tiles to unlock.

Sure, there may be secret slots off to the sides and Rimeruru and Karin might be selectable under the conditions you suggested but I figure that by this time we'd have heard something about it.

Taiso

VinylBoy

You're probably right, but it would be cool if they are playable. Now that I've managed to make all the secret characters "selectable", I do notice a few changes regarding the character selections when you play against the CPU and the ending credits themselves. Now, the computer has no second thoughts on putting secret characters in its teams unlike before... and everytime you get the closing credits, the pictures in the background alternate from a Capcom character to an SNK character... and Rimururu and Karin show up.

That's probably the only reason why I think they're selectable... anyhow, fingers crossed. I have a ways to go in order to get every Olympic Game at a Crystal Setting.
biggrin.gif

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I have gotten every crystal medals except 1--the stupid Felicia's dance...My eyes hurt from playing that mini game, and I haven't played it for a while now
smile.gif

I forgot. Didn't get it for the shooting game as well
frown.gif

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

[This message has been edited by Master Terry Bogard (edited January 25, 2001).]

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
VinylBoy:

Good luck. Even though I don't think they're playable, it would be cool to be wrong in this instance. Be sure to let us know if it pans out
smile.gif
!

Taiso

VinylBoy

Originally posted by Master Terry Bogard:
I have gotten every crystal medals except 1--the stupid Felicia's dance...My eyes hurt from playing that mini game, and I haven't played it for a while now
smile.gif

HAHAHAHA!
smile.gif

That was the first mini game that I got a "Crystal" rating on. Considering that this is the game hat raises your points faster than any other, I made it a point to learn it so that I could quickly get a character's extra skill. The other ones I got Crystal Ratings in were "First Blast" using M. Bison (PSYCHO CRUSHERS), and "Time Attack" with EVil Ryu (Capcom characters DO have a purpose in these games). Although I got the Platinum Rating with Yuri.
biggrin.gif

Trying to do it with "Blade Arts" now, and realizing that even if I miss one dummy that I won't get the Crystal rating... GOD that sucks. And I have no idea how to get it in "Target 9"... that just sounds impossible.