MV-1 Backup Ram Error and Green Garbage

B

bryaslak

Hi, I just bought a MV-1 and I'm having some issues. I plugged it in for the first time today with a cart and it was showing green garbage on the screen. I then tried another cart, same thing. I turned it on without a cart and it gave me backup ram error: address 00d00000 write 5555 read 55ff
. I took off the metal sheathing and it looked like it had been repaired. There were two small wires connecting to one of the ram chips and leading to other points on the board. I de soldered and re-soldered this repair and still no dice. Any clues? Any help appreciated.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Did you check the damaged traces with a ohmmeter to make sure they are good?

B

bryaslak

I don't have an ohmmeter/multimeter. It's coming in the mail, actually. So I dont know if the traces are good. I'm trying to see if I can figure it out from the info I have.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
the higher backup memory bank is either burned or there's a broken trace. Check the pin 14 for +5v.
Then, if someone can borrow you a logic probe -and you know how to use it-, you could check pin 20, 22 and 27. If there's no logic probe, just follow that traces and check continuity.

btw, keep yourself grounded. SRAM chips are very sensitive.