OEM Coin Door Lock Size and Style

Stuka1939

n00b
Just curious. I'm replacing my both my upper and lower coin door locks with suzo single bit econo locks. Seeing that none of my locks are original, what was the original lock length and cam style? Maybe some of you have original locks or know the style and dimensions. I like sticking with OEM stuff. Thanks

Last edited:

The King Prawn

Marked Wolf
Locks for this application come in three sizes, 5/8, 7/8, & 1 1/8. In addition they come in single bitted, double bitted, or "tumbler" (barrel) variety. If you're looking for OEM go with the cheapest single bitted lock you can find. The manufacturer/distributor doesn't care, it's the operator that actually installs a decent lock on these machines. We call them "shit locks".

Stuka1939

n00b
LOL. Since it's only for home use and not commercial I'm going the single bit route at 7/8 straight cam. I think this was the OEM length and style.

The King Prawn

Marked Wolf
Good on you. If there's play you can always bend the cam a bit to clean up the slop if you don't have the little plastic pucks for that purpose.

Stuka1939

n00b
Good on you. If there's play you can always bend the cam a bit to clean up the slop if you don't have the little plastic pucks for that purpose.

I like to stay as original as possible. Exactly what plastic pucks do you speak of? I'm fairly new and not sure what that is. If the 7/8 lock the oem length?