Genuine NEOGEO CD Pro controller?

*SOLVED*

Hey guys, I purchased this little guy as a second controller for my (soon-to-arrive) AI CMVS. Like all my retro hardware and accessories, I took it apart to give it a good cleaning. What surprised me upon opening the controller up was the lack of a SNK logo (SMK?)- a red flag immediately went up. Can anyone with a CD Pro controller verify this? Thanks.

Spoiler:
DSC_0603.jpg

DSC_0604.jpg

DSC_0605-1.jpg

Last edited:

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Totally kosher. Check out the "New Style Sticks not working?" link in the Jamma Nation X Tutorials section (same "SMK" style logo).

Thanks many, Joneo - damn, I feel like I just wasted a thread lol. Hopefully this helps someone out in the future. I'll add a link to my original post.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Bootleg controllers are probably not a concern. It doesn't hurt to double-check though. :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Does anyone have the grey CD joystick? I'd like to see the insides of it as I think it differs from the black one.

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
Does anyone have the grey CD joystick? I'd like to see the insides of it as I think it differs from the black one.

The only difference between them is the structure of the back plastic shell. Opened up mine a while ago and took some pictures

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Sorry if this was answered before but....

Did anyone ever find out what this SMK logo thing is all about? :eek_2: