20 Year Member
1331895128_extras_noticia_foton_7_4.jpg

There will be no surprises.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Marseille can pull off an upset against Bayern. Barca and Milan is a pretty even match up, assuming Barca is 100% healthy in the midfield. Benfica can beat Chelsea in disarray. As for Real Madrid, i expect no surprises.

Personally, I hope Bayern wins against Marseille because the thought of Real Madrid coasting to the finals makes me want to vomit. They have faced no one. And it's not like anyone questions the corruption in UEFA/FIFA anymore, but it would be nice to see actual competitions take place for once.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member

Unfortunately, there was a surprise! Chelsea's in semi finals.

557653_427405487276011_100000196907077_1850149_721422718_n.jpg

Anyway, I really wonder who's gonna face Barcelona in the final. Bayern V Madrid is a closer tie than
Chelsea V Barça.

I miss Ramires and David Luiz so much :(

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Bayern V Madrid 2-1 : No surpise at all. Munich has a very strong team, very balanced and objective. The 2ng leg shall be promising, but Madrid's away goal can be deadly.

Chelsea V Barça 1-0 : Can anyone tell me how Chelsea's still breathing?
They didn't deserved to go through Napoli. They didn't deserved to go through Benfica ( major referee robbery...) and they don't deserve go through now against Barcelona. They won, fair and square this time, but how come they don't lose like 5 or 6 - 0 is beyond me!
Tonight they were very very lucky and I respect their courage for what they did tho.
Obi Mikel and Ramires never run out of stamina. Impressive.

Be ready for another match in 1-9-1 formation in camp nou!!!
As a side note, Barça's "tiki-taka" style is getting damn boring too. 80% of ball possession on their field means nothing.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
thought - Barca wasn't really trying their hardest in the clasico. They are more focused on winning the CL.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
thought - Barca wasn't really trying their hardest in the clasico. They are more focused on winning the CL.

Saw the match. Guardiola screwed up on the starting eleven. Iniesta and Messi were off. The championship is no more. Tuesday Chelsea will have to feel the wrath of Barça for sure.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Saw the match. Guardiola screwed up on the starting eleven. Iniesta and Messi were off. The championship is no more. Tuesday Chelsea will have to feel the wrath of Barça for sure.

Messi was playing?

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
He was hollow as shit. Things didn't went well for him. he almost scored on a strike tho.
other than that... meh

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Barca 2-1 Chelsea 50' into the second leg. Chelsea's away goal from Ramirez might be all it takes to push them into the final. This could be very weird, as it's not like Chelsea fans even rate Ramirez, even though he has silently been the second most valuable player after Mata this season.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Barca 2-1 Chelsea 50' into the second leg. Chelsea's away goal from Ramirez might be all it takes to push them into the final. This could be very weird, as it's not like Chelsea fans even rate Ramirez, even though he has silently been the second most valuable player after Mata this season.

Ramires - not Ramirez!

He's the kind of player that goes unseen most of the match, but he's everywhere, everytime, anytime.
To any real football fan, he's definitely the BEST player Chelsea has. I'd go further, he's wasting his career at Chelsea.
He deserves a TOP Spain/England club. He would even shine in Italy, where the defense are more ferocious.

Btw... when I said earlier "there will be no surprises" , I wasn't expecting Vilas-Boas to be sacked. Chelsea improved after his demise.
they went miraculously to the finals... now anything can happen.

I also expect that if Munich doesn't hold it's advantage against Madrid, Chelsea might be butchered in the final.
Half team cannot play due to bookings.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Ramires - not Ramirez!

He's the kind of player that goes unseen most of the match, but he's everywhere, everytime, anytime.
To any real football fan, he's definitely the BEST player Chelsea has. I'd go further, he's wasting his career at Chelsea.
He deserves a TOP Spain/England club. He would even shine in Italy, where the defense are more ferocious.

Btw... when I said earlier "there will be no surprises" , I wasn't expecting Vilas-Boas to be sacked. Chelsea improved after his demise.
they went miraculously to the finals... now anything can happen.

I also expect that if Munich doesn't hold it's advantage against Madrid, Chelsea might be butchered in the final.
Half team cannot play due to bookings.

The rule on suspensions in finals is stupid. Ramires is out along with a lot of other players like Ivanovic, who is Chelsea's best offensive back, and Meireles.

The still have

Cech

Bosingwa Luiz Cahill Cole

Lampard Mata Essien Malouda Mikel

Drogba/Sturridge/Torres

Not sure that leaves any depth. It almost forces Chelsea into a 4-3-3 just to have a sub at MF and FW. I don't know if Romeu and Lukaku are even eligible to play, or if Essien can play either. Essien might be the only potential sub on defense. Cahill is obviously not made of sturdy stuff, so that is a huge cause for concern.

That said, the suspensions need to be appealed, outside of the John Terry call.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
haven't posted in a few months. but last nights match brought me back here. chelsea were sublime, pure and simple. RDM has really saved the team, and we parked the bus last night. fuck the haters, blue is the color.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Bayern wins against Real Madrid on pks, and get to face Chelsea at home in Munich. It never looked like a fair fight for Chelsea going into this final, but they did what they had to do in order to get there.

This is obviously the final everyone predicted.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Unfortunately I missed both matches this week cause i'm working the late shift:(

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
i predicted us to get knocked out ages ago, we've held on with a dead man's grip and fought for everything.

there's been a lot of talk on sky sports here about chelsea being the ugliest of under dogs, but having the heart and spirit and belief they can win anything. i don't know if we're all that ugly, i don't know if we're all that dirty. we're certainly under dogs, and we do have heart. and in sport sometimes a general lack of skill can be made up for with a bit of luck and heart. look at liverpool in 05, coming back from 3-0 down at half time to win it. things like heart and spirit can turn into real motivation and focus to flip things around.

we're certainly not favorites to win, hell right now chelsea aren't favorites in this thread but if there's anything i've learned from sport its to never write anyone off. you never know when you'll have something happen like the 2004 ALCS on your hands.