Universal Bios questions

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
Universal Bios questions

I've been looking at this for a long time, thinking of some of the cool features its allows (Jukebox!) but I've always been really scared about trying this myself. But a few weeks ago I found another 6 slot at a coin op repair shop close to where I live, and I was planning on buying another machine. I was thinking that I could order the bios and let the guys at the shop deal with it.
So is this thing worth it? The main reason I want it is the home console options, such as practice in KOF, but I was wondering if anyone found any issues. I remember seeing something that the bios were not tested on 6 slot cabs, and this is what I will be using. Can someone confirm that it works ok?
Thanks to all who reply.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
It works fine, its a great way to play your MVS carts in any region and mode, also there are cheats and the jukebox you mentioned.

the best way to try it out is with neorageX.

rename it to neo-geo.rom, and use it exactly the same as you would on the real hardware, I did this before buying and got to try it out for a bit.

however you won't be dissapointed if you take the plunge and just order/install it.

:)

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
My unibios (v.1.1) works flawlessly. It is entertaining as well to see unreleased ngh carts playing in ngh mode. Shock troopers 2 is an example. It is well worth the price, gives a big bang for the buck, and really adds usable features to the mvs hardware.

So do not hesitate, it is well worth it.

MVS Matt

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Magnaflux:
It is entertaining as well to see unreleased ngh carts playing in ngh mode. Shock troopers 2 is an example.
Don't you mean Shock Troopers? Shock Troopers 2 got a home release.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
MVS Matt:
Magnaflux:
It is entertaining as well to see unreleased ngh carts playing in ngh mode. Shock troopers 2 is an example.
Don't you mean Shock Troopers? Shock Troopers 2 got a home release.
a good point.