Garou MOTW and the Strange behavior in my 2 slot MVS!!

jonnyturbo

New Challenger
Got Garou pretty cheap and apparently not working. It does work but depending on which slot it is in and which game is with it.
Varied results include
*Garou working and then when I change to the other game it rebooting to neo intro
*The neo intro crashing
*both games working but only in arcade mode (unibios 3.0 installed)
*Garou working unable to switch games and select being the coin button instead of on my supergun (I think only unibios on a 1 slot allows this, don't quote me on it though)

Have checked and cleaned the boards and is legit copy (board scans set 2 the one with a few windowed chips and the wire)
Really does seem ok on the inside has anyone else had probs such as this and possible cure?

My MVS board runs every other game I have without flaw, really love this game and want it to play nice with my other carts. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I have a 2 slot as well, my garou works fine but ive had 5 different copies of metal slug and they just DO NOT like my 2 slot, had to fiddle with them numerous times to get them to work, hopefully you figure something out :D

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Hate to say it but 1 slots are the way to go.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Got Garou pretty cheap and apparently not working. It does work but depending on which slot it is in and which game is with it.
Varied results include
*Garou working and then when I change to the other game it rebooting to neo intro
*The neo intro crashing
*both games working but only in arcade mode (unibios 3.0 installed)
*Garou working unable to switch games and select being the coin button instead of on my supergun (I think only unibios on a 1 slot allows this, don't quote me on it though)

Have checked and cleaned the boards and is legit copy (board scans set 2 the one with a few windowed chips and the wire)
Really does seem ok on the inside has anyone else had probs such as this and possible cure?

My MVS board runs every other game I have without flaw, really love this game and want it to play nice with my other carts. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Clean your boards' contacts with a large pencil eraser, then retest.

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
Some carts just don't play well together and some don't like certain slots. This happens with a lot of games on a lot of boards.

If you can get it to work in a slot, even if it has to sit there by itself, consider it a functional cart and just deal with it.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Clean the contacts and clear the backup RAM. The MV-2F is one of the most reliable boards. 2 slots most certainly are a good way to go.

jonnyturbo

New Challenger
Been testing Garou with other games in the 2 slot and seems ok with all games except the 2 I initially tested it with.
Shocktroopers and Garou work well together so I'm happy, might break out my 4 and 6 slot over the weekend and do so more testing.
I've got like 20 MVS carts and this is the first one to be fussy.
Thanks for the replies.