New to AES collecting.. Few queries.

radirgyman

n00b
Hey all
I originally bought a Neo geo AES system when they first came out in 91.. Yes I kick myself to this day for not keeping that new console! I could only afford 3 games in the 2 years I owned it. Was very expensive to buy anything for back then..

Anyhow my interest in Neo has reignited and I've just purchased an AES from Japan for a decent price.

What I'm wanting to know is, as I'm searching sites ebay and the like, I've noticed prices for conversion/boot aes carts can be VERY pricey.

Why is this? They are not original yet demand high dollars..

I came across a seller who can make any AES cart you wish.

Now how would one determine that a game they might be purchasing be actually an original?
I know these may sound like noobster queries..
But I'm only beginning to get into the collectors side of things with Neo.

Thanks!

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Why is this?

Sellers dictate the price of thier conv. carts. I've seen them go for anywhere between $125 - $600. You shouldn't pay anymore than $200 for a conversion, if you have to have one IMO.

Now how would one determine that a game they might be purchasing be actually an original?

Have the seller send you pics of the boards, manual, art.. etc. Post them on this board and somebody will help you out.

Last edited:

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
buying expensive games is a crap shoot on ebay and with VERY high quality conversions out there, it is very very risky.
unless of course you are totally rich, if you must go AES (i love mine and i also buy mvs) you are safer buying the less expensive stuff from ebay.

i only own one conversion and its a Slug 1. it cost me 20 for the slug cart, 50 for a kof 95 (snaplock case included), and 30 for labor that i paid a friend.

Last edited: