MV-2F problem

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Clean your slots really good then test and report back.

smkdan

Galford's Armourer
If B12 on the CHA slot is bad, that glitch happens.

LSPC2-A2 pin 137 (P19) -> ? -> CHA B12

Try cleaning the slot and paying special attention to that pin. Since it's a multislot I'm guessing there's something sitting between the slot and LSPC2. I think it would be one of the NEO-E0s but I don't know which one or which pin and I never checked on mine. I know it's not the cartridge here but if anyone gets this "sprites duplicated vertically" issue and the system is ruled out then the ones to check are

CHA pin B12 (P19) -> NEO-273 pin 27 (P19 in)
NEO-273 pin 33 (A3 out) -> every C ROM pin 7 (A3)

I used neogeodev wiki pinouts as a reference so hopefully these are right.

smkdan

Galford's Armourer
CHA B12 should connect to NEO-E0 pin 43.

That's Y19 so the LSPC2 trace should come from A19. My 2F needed cleaning anyway so I confirmed it there.

LPSC2-A2 pin 137 -> NEO-E0 @ F4 pin 38 (A19)
NEO-E0 @ F4 pin 43 (Y19) -> CHA B12 both slots

That's all there is between the cart slot and the video h/w so if the system is the problem then it's probably one of those traces.

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
The video issue looks like a problem on the video address lines sent to the cartridge. I had a similar image on an arcade PCB and it turned out that there was a pin bent over on the back of the board that pieced through the solder mask and made contact with the traces underneath, resulting in a short between two traces of the video address lines. The resulting image was messed up in a similar fashion to what your system is showing. Before replacing any ICs I would recommend checking for bent/touching pins and if you have a multimeter, use it to look for shorts between all combinations of address line pairs.