is there a website where you can dl mvs cart artwork similar to the aes

badwhip

n00b
I'd like to add some artwork to the side of my mvs games like the eas games because the carts are kinda plain. it would also be 100% reverable if I wanted to change back to original thanks. I know southtown has the shockbox labels but nothing for the carts.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
There were a couple ideas before. 8man designed a full color label to be on the front of the cart like an AES cart but it covered the vents. I made one where it went between the vents. Both ideas never really took off since they are kinda overkill and only for a specific type of person that actually wants it.

If you want to make your own you can always download art from TAFA or kawaiidream.

If you want 8man's template it's hosted on southtown:

http://southtown-homebrew.com/templates.php

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Is it really that big of a deal that the vents are covered? I've never seen a cartridge with vents before, and I was surprised when I first saw them on my first MVS cart.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
All MVS cartridges have vents on them (AES do too as well, but their only on the back in the upper corners). The problem is over time the labels will be at risk of being damaged due to being covered over what are essentially holes. Wear and tear will inevitably wreck those kinds of labels.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Is it really that big of a deal that the vents are covered? I've never seen a cartridge with vents before, and I was surprised when I first saw them on my first MVS cart.

It's wasn't a problem about the cart heat, but more the way the label looks when you apply it on the vents, wavy.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Anyone got pics of what these labels appear like when applied to a cartridge? Especially the "not over the vents" label Xian Xi mentioned. I'm having trouble visualizing them.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Here's the thread:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?179495-MVS-Game-Stickers....

And this is what it would look like:
cart-sticker.jpg

It's ok looking I guess.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Hmm, doesn't seem all that bad, the placement makes it look a little weird though. It reminds me of the Daedalus converter actually (main feature in the middle of the front of the cart). I don't have a top loading MVS system so that sort of thing wouldn't appeal to me. Also, that thin label wouldn't work on all MVS carts, some have the gold warning sticker there.

Still, looks pretty neat. I'd imagine it'd hold up a lot better over time than 8man's labels.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I like my MVS carts to look like what they remind me of..giant old 2600 games ....

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Funny, MVS carts remind me of VHS tapes.

Now if you stuck one of 8man's labels on an MVS cart, then yeah it'd look a lot like a VCS cartridge. :p

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
You could always use an AES label and stick it on the cart. Somebody on ebay recently put on an Iron Clad MVS cart with AES label - it looked awesome :lolz: