Favorite Neo game endings

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
Endings are pretty cool. Endings with beautiful pixel art, charming broken engrish, and obtained via 1cc's are cooler. So what's your favorite Neo game ending?

Mine is Slug 3 because of how weird it is.

Sidebar, I recently picked up a kof 2003 MVS kit (man those backgrounds sure are purdy!) and I was taken back by the length of the team endings. They are way longer than any other kof game on the neo that I can recall.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Cyber Lip is without a doubt my favorite. I love the cheesy B budget feel to it.

Always enjoy the Shock Troopers cut screens...for some reason I want to say the endings were pretty good, but it's been ages since I played it. Guess I know what I'm doing later.

KOF03 was pretty bad ass. Never ran through them all though.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Of the games I have I like Slug 3's ending also. I like how you can see Root Mars in the background all mangled up.

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
I was always disappointed by Neo Geo endings :(
Not worth the coins you would spend to finish them at the arcade imo.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I was always disappointed by Neo Geo endings :(
Not worth the coins you would spend to finish them at the arcade imo.

just how i feel.

some of the fighters are pretty decent- when it comes to showing backstory, but thats really about it.

chazbc24

Cheng's Errand Boy
last blade 2's endings were all great and left tons of cliffhangers for last blade 3. Kagami's ending in particular is just... wow.

Last edited:

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
Art of Fighting and Real Bout come to mind; pretty good endings there.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Lee's in AOF2 all the way:

f7oE1.png

Whole ending is here: http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/neogeo/a/aof2lee.htm

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Last Blade 2's ending are pretty good and I also liked Cyber-Lip's....and there's Terry's ending in Real Bout of course.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I like the endings in 99 and 00.
I liked the whole nests saga.
Well, except for 01.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
I like AOF2 without losing a round. Not the character endings but the silly things that go on during the credits. I think there are two or three different versions. Have to do it multiple time to see them all.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
RB2 just for how silly the endings are beside AOF2.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
In genteral, NEO endings are lame. Playing is much more fun. :D

Anyway, I kinda like the SLUG and the KOF endings.

Last edited:

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
Amano in last blade 1 has a cool ending. not particularly because of the dialogue but because it is interactive to a degree.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The endings for Aero Fighters 2. I try to go for a different combination between the two pilots from different countries and most of them are hilarious. I have yet to manage to watch them all, namely because I'd have to find someone with the patience to play through the game with me 90 times.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I enjoy Metal Slug's 'good' ending. It's always better to see that paper plane fly a better route.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Endings are pretty cool. Endings with beautiful pixel art, charming broken engrish, and obtained via 1cc's are cooler. So what's your favorite Neo game ending?
A bit off track, but if even the engrish is broken, you're in really bad shape. :lolz:
Anyway, I'll give a slight tip of the hat to Spinmaster; Not because the ending is anything great, but because you get 3 choices (replay value). ;)
Also, I'm pretty sure it'll get no mention otherwise.