Best shooter on the neo?

mr aize

Dodgeball Yakuza
Sure it's been covered before but that was before my time here soooo... Opinions? Personal favourite is strikers 1945, love the graphics, music, theme, the works.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
The usual suspects (Blazing Star and Pulstar) are really good, but my top 3 has to be... Aero Fighters 2, Twinkle Star Sprites and Viewpoint

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
What about the glorious release date Neo Geo title NAM 1975? ;)

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
Anyone ever notice how strikers plus uses the ghetto word art fonts from microsoft office in the late 90's? the plane select screen looks like my terrible powerpoint presentations from jr high lol

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
Gonna say Fast Striker. Hands down best on the neo.

If you want traditional, official releases only, I'll go with Blazing Star.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I am guessing we are talking shmups, so my reply is... BLAZING STAR!!!

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
That's a tough question.

I'd say Twinkle Star Sprites is the best shooter hands down just for the 2P versus. Really though I think of it as being in a genre by itself.

Other than that, I know people are going to say Pulstar/Blazing Star. I love them too, but honestly I don't find myself going back to them as much as other shmups.

I guess my favorites in terms of what I actually play the most would be Viewpoint, Strikers 1945 Plus, and Fast Striker (if you're counting unofficial releases).

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
things like fast striker- the unoffical releases are the things that really push the technology. i love 'em, but i have a hard time including them in the discussion because they are just that- unoffical.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Pulstar for me.

The sound track is the best on the Neo, IMO--- one of the only games I actually play on the Uni-Bios jukebox. The graphics are at least as good as Blazing Star. Has a great intro AND a proper animated ending. Also... I much prefer all the biological enemies in Pulstar to all the boring robots and ships in Blazing Star. The game (Pulstar) just seems more cohesive and aesthetically pleasing to me.

Coligion

n00b
Twinkle Star Sprites for me. Got a few of my friends hooked, so we get some good multiplayer matches going from time to time.

After TSS, I'd have to say Pulstar or Viewpoint. They are incredibly difficult, but solid nonetheless.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Fast Striker.

Official games? Does Ironclad count?

sp3ctr3

Mr. Big's Thug
Blazing Star, but I haven't tried Pulstar. Prehistoic Isle 2 is also pretty good.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Between Last Resort and Blazing Star you have the best the Neo can ofer on horis.
Strikers 1945+ is still the better vert shmup the Neo has to offer, it doesnt necessarily say much about the genre on the Neo but other than that you got Aero Fighters 2.

The thread's title says shooter so in that case here is the shooters on the Neo that I frequent the most other than the ones I already mentioned. I do own some other shooters but truth be told I just don't play them as much as these.

Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug X
Metal Slug 1
Shock Troopers
Nam '75
Twinkle Star Sprites
Viewpoint
Zed Blade
Pulstar
Prehistoric Isle 2 (I almost forgot, good game!)

Honorary mentiopn to Andro Dunos and ASOII, everytime I play either is quite an experience, however AD is too damn hard and ASOII's system is a bit of a let down for what could have been an amazing game, I really love the bosses on that one.

Last edited: