Power Supplies for AES

Hey, I've got two Neo Geo AES and both have zero power supplies. My question is this, can UK power supplies work with a NTSC AES. I don't want to blow the damn console up, one is Pro-Pow and another is Pro-Pow 3. Cheers for the help!

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I use a PAL Mega Drive 1 power supply for my Pro-Pow 3 8 W console.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
For Pro-Pow you need a +5v capable of 3 amps and the tip needs to be center negative.

For Pro-Pow 3 you can use:

+9v
+10v
+11v
+12v

Make sure they are capable of at least 2 amps and also have a center negative tip.

hi guys, can anyone help me please!.im in australia. i have a jap aes, i plugged it in and the power adapter fried itself. i went and tested the console at an electrical place and it worked. he told me to go buy a dc10v 850ma negative tip adapter, i searched and could not find this. it is pro pow 3. now, i have a pal sega megadrive II power supply, its all the same: dc10v 850ma. but it has only 50hz on the adapter. i was thinkin to cut the 2.1mm tip off my fried aes adapter and replace the sega one. am i making a mistake if i do this. please help me guys, i bought this thing with 3 games, kof 94, 95 and ff special with 2 controls and i want to enjoy it i really need help guys.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
hi guys, can anyone help me please!.im in australia. i have a jap aes, i plugged it in and the power adapter fried itself. i went and tested the console at an electrical place and it worked. he told me to go buy a dc10v 850ma negative tip adapter, i searched and could not find this. it is pro pow 3. now, i have a pal sega megadrive II power supply, its all the same: dc10v 850ma. but it has only 50hz on the adapter. i was thinkin to cut the 2.1mm tip off my fried aes adapter and replace the sega one. am i making a mistake if i do this. please help me guys, i bought this thing with 3 games, kof 94, 95 and ff special with 2 controls and i want to enjoy it i really need help guys.

Use a megadrive 1 power supply and you'll be fine.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
The md1 power supply is plug and play. It doesn't require cutting and splicing. The hz only matters for the input of the power supply from the wall to the internal transformer. The output is DC so hz don't matter any more.

cheers buddy, i just realised when i saw one ebay store selling md power supply as two different listings for 1 and 2. thanks for takin ur time to answer this for me. i appreciate it.