KOF XIII producer doesn't know what to develop.... seriously? Make KOFXIV, duh!

saner

Krauser's Henchman
(scroll down for translation)

http://www.speksnk.org/foro/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=74471&p=585471#p585465

It's insane they don't realize what they have in their hands. I mean seriously, a KOFXIV dreammatch building off of KOFXIII's content and gameplay is painfully the most obvious and best path for SNKP.

KOF is the bread and butter of SNKP in the mainstream market, and even though Metal Slug may arguably have sold more, Metal Slug doesn't have the charisma and popularity that KOF brings to arcades and consoles. And it's not like you're gonna see a game like Metal Slug at EVO.

Also a new Fatal Fury would lack the diversity that KOF brings. I mean really, a new Fatal Fury would have even less characters than KOF12. If they want to maintain KOFXIII quality standards, it's such a waste that a guy in that position wouldn't take advantage of the momentum KOF has now thanks to KOFXIII, and make a KOFXIV dream match, potentially increasing the fighting selection by at least 1.5 times.

And that would give KOFXV (the start of next saga) a headstart in playable teams. It's just insane the KOFXIII producer doesn't take advantage of KOF's momentum and foundation they established now. KOFXIV could add Agents Team, Yamazaki, Rugal, Geese, a new Outlaw team, the anti-Kyokugen Team reunited, so many possibilities!

yea I know Garou fans want a MOTW2, but is that really going to make as much sales and get as much attention as a KOFXIV? Not at all.

It's like if Capcom made a Darkstalkers after Street Fighter 4 instead of Super Street Fighter 4. No matter the gameplay and quality, it would still not deliver as much impact as a superior update to a superior franchise, and KOF is SNKP's #1 fighting franchise, even outside latin america.

While MOTW was sinking, KOF was always there to keep the SNKP fighting division afloat.
That KOF producer really isn't thinking straight.

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Don't hurt yourself man, SNK is dead, playmore has just been playing some puppet show with dead bodies for a decade ;)

RATM

Zack de la Neo,
yea I know Garou fans want a MOTW2, but is that really going to make as much sales and get as much attention as a KOFXIV? Not at all.

While MOTW was sinking, KOF was always there to keep the SNKP fighting division afloat.
That KOF producer really isn't thinking straight.

You assume what you set out to prove. KOF is the most popular SNK franchise, in part, because it is all mainstream audiences are familiar with. And the reason for that is because Playmore hasn't done much of anything with there other IPs. It's a new generation since the Neo Geo era, and I think most younger gamers simply don't know about all of the other great games that SNK has under their belt.

Of course, Playmore would probably do an awful job anyway, so it doesn't matter much.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Don't hurt yourself man, SNK is dead, playmore has just been playing some puppet show with dead bodies for a decade ;)

That might have been true up until KOF XIII. KOF XIII has shown me that there is life after death. But that producer should know that he has another potential KOF '98 on his hands. A Dream match would totally just seal the deal for KOF being a staple game in tournaments worldwide and it would line SNK-P's pockets with money for a few more years. I think he's kinda just being difficult. He knows that they the next KOF should be a dream match.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
If Playmore can produce titles with the quality of KOF-XIII, they can just go ahead and do whatever the hell they want with the IPs they have access to, as far as I’m concerned. Yeah, everyone wants a dream match, and I understand that. I’d love to see XIV happen as much as anyone. Still, if the same amount of time and love that went into turning XII into XIII is available to all potential titles, fans would be robbing themselves of an opportunity by not supporting new development. Worst case scenario is they make a game and it sucks; that won’t do a thing to damage fans’ love for the IP themselves. Hell, Playmore could turn Fatal Fury into dating sim’, with Geese as a crossdressing pimp; I’ll still go play Real Bout Special.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Also a new Fatal Fury would lack the diversity that KOF brings.

I'm expecting some spanking from STK here.

I'm so curious to see how KOFXIII did financially. I feel as if the sales were disappointing, seeing as how quickly its price dropped, and how everything cooled down around the time the patch got released. Hopefully EVO will rejuvenate the interest. I think it's too early to say anything about having the next installment now. I would hate to see all the resources poured into KOFXIII gets thrown away so soon, and I wouldn't mind a KOFXIII Special before they roll out XIV (which can then scrap as much as it wants from its predecessor).

Last edited:

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
lol, saner.

Last Blade 3

Seconded.
However, if they do the graphics from scratch like KOF 12/13 then I still want the O.G. code from the unreleased neo version as bonus playable content.

Such a shame that that code and the code for MOTW2/Special never saw the light of day.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
A new last blade would be a great idea. Its the time to diversify that way. I know it sounds wild, but KOF XIII regained enough credibility to take a risk.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Personally it makes more sense right now to mess with another UM for some quick cash. Last Blade, Real Bout 2, MOTW, Samurai Shodown VI, would be easy candidates for it. Collect as much easy money as they can then when KOF XIII isn't making any more money switch to making XIV.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I think SNK does indeed NEED to diversify their output but what do they really have? They have a huge stable of excellent IPs that can be reintroduced to the world but most of them are fighters, beat em' ups and shmups. Not that diverse when you boil it down. I particularly would like to see Last Blade 3, Mark of the Wolves 2/Real Bout 3, Samurai Showdown 7 (NOT SEN 2!) or a new Metal Slug game drawn at higher res (please get rid of all the bullshit they added in MS XX). Hell i'd even be down for a King of Fighters XI UM.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
A new Samurai Shodown with the quality of KOF XIII would probably sell...Add a decent amount of single player features, Missions, Story, unlockables etc....
Also a digital release of a new Metal Slug...

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I love XIII.... but seriously... ANYTHING else please. A new fatal fury would be my dream game but I doubt that will happen, no appeal for them "herbivore men"

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
make a fighting game with actual good netcode

(HA HA WHAT A LONG SHOT!)

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I love XIII.... but seriously... ANYTHING else please. A new fatal fury would be my dream game but I doubt that will happen, no appeal for them "herbivore men"

From the interveiw:

4. There are a lot of loved franchises such as ART OF FIGHTING, THE LAST BLADE, or FATAL FURY that had been a lot of time without new entries. Any chances to see new sequels? Any that you'd want the most to bring back?

KY: In fact, we have fans of many series made by SNK currently working for the company. Personally, I think a sequel in the “FATAL FURY” Series would be very attractive.
I am also sure that we have plenty of fans eagerly expecting sequels of SNK games other than “FATAL FURY”. I heard that there are even fans waiting for a sequel to “NEOGEO BATTLE COLISEUM”.

Dizzy11523

Camel Slug
15 Year Member
I think they can make a new Samurai Shodown in the same spirit of KOF XIII and be really successful.

81ramirez

n00b
A new Samurai Shodown with the quality of KOF XIII would probably sell...Add a decent amount of single player features, Missions, Story, unlockables etc....
Also a digital release of a new Metal Slug...

I think they can make a new Samurai Shodown in the same spirit of KOF XIII and be really successful.

I'm with you guys, Samurai Shodown (with the system from the second) and Metal Slug with KOF XIII kind of graphics. Hell it would be awesome.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I really enjoyed KoF XIII, but wouldn't consider to buy a NGBC2. That game was a mistake pisstake.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Just a thought. If they do want KOF XIV to be in production, wouldn't a lot of the new characters be MOTW characters? Tizoc, B. Jenet, Hotaru, Gato, Terry in Bomber Jacket. Isn't that a lot of characters to get started on a MOTW 2 game?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
NGBC was a lot of fun for me. It was like SvC done right. Besides, it's our only chance to see the less popular games' characters, like World Heroes and AoDK in a new game.

Edit: Just to clarify, I was more interested back when there seemed to be no hope for a new FF or LB games, or even see AoF characters make it into KOF. But KOF13 changed all that.

Last edited:
I put money on them remaking Fatal Fury 1 again.
Half the original cast has already been redrawn, as well as 2 other popular characters from the franchise, that's 8 already before they've started work.

Don't get me wrong, it's not the first thing I would want but considering how long they've claimed it takes to redo characters, it's seems like the only non kof that we would see within the next 2 years.

Unless of course they used old sprits.