Score Challenge Contest, **CANCELED**

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Always wanted to do one so here we go.

This contest will run until 11:59pm HT, Sunday February 26th 2012, I'd like to get at least 10 contestants but the more the merrier.

The rules are:

-MVS, AES, CD, CDZ, MAME
-Must take a full screen picture of your score to show the game being played and the score.
-Score must be on the game's high score list with your initials
-MVS difficulty
-Continues are fine
-Any Country can join
-Forum members must have at least 100 posts by time of score submission to play.
-DO NOT post your pic until the day you are supposed to post it.
-You must compete in the previous level to get the higher level prize.

This isn't a high score challenge but rather a challenge for you to get a specific score. Whoever is closest to the score wins the prize. Going over is fine but if it comes down to a tie for some reason, it will go to the person who didn't go over the score.

The Prizes:
Level 1 - MVS Copy of Samurai Shodown 3, US (Fixed hit detection version)
Level 2 - AES copy of Fatal Fury 3 JP, cart only.
Level 3 - MVS Copy of Blazing Star, new label

The Scores to get:
Level 1 - 52,377
Level 2 - 112,410
Level 3 - 1,172,471

The Games to get the scores:
Level 1 - Any Neo Puzzle Game
Level 2 - Any Neo Sports Game
Level 3 - Any Metal Slug

If you get all 3, I'll throw in a 4th prize.

When to post your scores:
Level 1 Score Reveal: February 19
Level 2 Score Reveal: February 23
Level 3 Score Reveal: February 26

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
No one is interested in joining? I'll give it to the end of the day then cancel it if no one wants to join.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I'll give it a shot when I get some down time this weekend.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
this is definitely a challenge since the one prize I want is in the genre I am least skilled in.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
I think I stood a chance on the puzzle games(probably puzzle&bubble) , but I'm going away for vacations until next Wednesday and I'm pretty sure there won't be any arcades in the mountains :( oh well

Nice to see contests taking place more often now, its like setting me in the mood to start one myself :)
Thanks Xian Xi :D

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I would love to join in, although I only have one sports game and I think it would be difficult to get that score in Windjammers :D considering my high score is about 40k at the moment.

However, the post count has me. It took me a long time to hit the 50 post requirement, to hit 100 posts is going to be near impossible by the end of the month :D

I look forward to seeing everyone's attempts. I think I am going to attempt it on the side just for fun!

Thanks for the contest XX :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hmm, not getting much interest. Might have to cancel it since the 1st set of scores are supposed to come out tomorrow.

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'll give it a shot, but unfortunately i won't be able to score for tomorrow... :/ i'll go for level 2 and 3! :)

I'd rather have a high score contest on a popular game that has a poor score in our Hall of Fame, this way both everyone can participate and the HOF gets a better score.

As for this, I dunno if I will join. I have close to 60 NG games but zero is the puzzle genre. I hold no interest at all in these games. Can' t get a game for tomorrow. Plus I have no idea on how the score system works in any of it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hmm, I guess I'll just cancel this format for now.

I'll do a another contest with just a high score challenge later today.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i'll be in on the next format. sadly the only sports games i have are baseball. hard to achieve a big score.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I think you'd have more concentrated interest if you scheduled the contest a month ahead. Traffic around here tends to be rather sporadic.

Funny, I have no sports games on Neo. My only puzzler is Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'll revisit this format later and make some changes so it will be easier to get the scores. Maybe next month and it will run for 2-3 weeks. But I am making a high score challenge tonight for everyone so stay tuned. In that format it will be 2 games high score challenge. a prize for each game's high score.

TurboCro

AESwipe,
Shit, I was just gonna try on my newly vertical line free AES. Maybe next time change the title to "Score Challenge Lible" :)

chany60126

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I wish I had some puzzlers. Unfortunately I only have an AES and they are hard to come by. Are there any affordable ones on this format?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If this was a high score thread w SS 3 as a title I would clean house.